Very large air cell

Penny3445

Hatching
5 Years
Jul 19, 2014
Hi, I have 4 silkie eggs in my bator and I'm worried because the chicks have broken into the air cell, but they are like 2 inches from the top of the egg, will they be able to peep? It is 12:40 in the morning and I'm not sure how much longer I will be on, but would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!
tongue.png

Hi, yes they should be fine if they have pipped into the air sac. I would try to leave them now to get on with hatch. The air sac can sometimes look quite large but they need that air to be able to breathe before they externally pip. Try to keep your incubator closed and the humidty up. Here is a pic of an internal pip into the air sac

Good luck with your hatch :fl

Last edited:
Yes usually on the side of the egg any where from half way up. Here are some pics

The dark egg at the front has pip right on the side near the light coloured chicks.
This is it when it started to zip

Last edited:
Ok, thank you so much. I'm new to the site and I just love it, everyone is so nice.

Well, I have two white little silkies
wee.gif
I have two more eggs that are not doing much, there is no peeping or pipping and today is day 22, I did candle them and I can't see where they have broken into the air cell and I don't know if they were moving because I was trying to rush to get them back into the bator. What do ya'll suggest I do? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom