Very noisy bantam chicks- Help!

Awesome! Welcome to the dark side,:)
Uhhh I mean welcome to BYC! :gig

View attachment 1940787
Bwahaha, that's great! And if this the dark side, no worries, I wouldn't wanna go back to the light!
Chickens make every single day more fun and interesting, not to mention delicious, so I wouldn't wanna lose this obsession for the world ^_-

Lol, you are already in deeeeep!
You already sound like you've been here for years!
Proof of my fat rooster passion.
He's mine, his name is Prince, and he is a ball shaped boy if there ever was one :p
Bwahaha, that's great! And if this the dark side, no worries, I wouldn't wanna go back to the light!
Chickens make every single day more fun and interesting, not to mention delicious, so I wouldn't wanna lose this obsession for the world ^_-
20190917_173150.jpg

Lol, you are already in deeeeep!
You already sound like you've been here for years!
Proof of my fat rooster passion.
He's mine, his name is Prince, and he is a ball shaped boy if there ever was one :p

View attachment 1940792

Yeah, I realized where this new interest was heading months ago thanks to this forum, and so I decided to embrace it rather than fight it X) you only live once! Might as well enjoy it all while it's all here, life is too short to not truly live it :p.
Wow, that is a CHUNKY rooster! And very pretty ^^
What breed is that?

When we got our first chicks, one ended up being a really pretty RIR, but once all the hormones kicked in and he became uber protective of HIS girls, not to mention a little "over-enthusiastic" about mating, my parents decided to give him to a couple who wanted to breed their RIRs! (I wanted to keep him lol) He was a very big and pretty guy, so I'm sure he's cranking out a bunch of pretty chicks for them, haha :).
The little Japanese bantam dude we have is my new client, I've been advocating keeping him, pointing out all the pros, and he's so tiny and pretty, I think I'm winning lol

Oh gawd there are so many worse things than being a chicken looney
Chickens are a great intrest, very relaxing it is like yoga that clucks.
Prince is a Salmon Faverolle, one of two here his dad Negan is the other guy he's older, taller, muuuch thinner lol!
So two SF roosters, well Prince is a cockrel he wont be a year old rooster until April and 13 hens/pullets 6 of those SF ladies.
I sell SF hatching eggs for pocket money, spreading the fat rooster magic.:)
I love little Jappies too, they always look like they're plotting something!:lau
Yeah, I realized where this new interest was heading months ago thanks to this forum, and so I decided to embrace it rather than fight it X) you only live once! Might as well enjoy it all while it's all here, life is too short to not truly live it :p.
Wow, that is a CHUNKY rooster! And very pretty ^^
What breed is that?

When we got our first chicks, one ended up being a really pretty RIR, but once all the hormones kicked in and he became uber protective of HIS girls, not to mention a little "over-enthusiastic" about mating, my parents decided to give him to a couple who wanted to breed their RIRs! (I wanted to keep him lol) He was a very big and pretty guy, so I'm sure he's cranking out a bunch of pretty chicks for them, haha :).
The little Japanese bantam dude we have is my new client, I've been advocating keeping him, pointing out all the pros, and he's so tiny and pretty, I think I'm winning lol

Oh gawd there are so many worse things than being a chicken looney
Chickens are a great intrest, very relaxing it is like yoga that clucks.
Prince is a Salmon Faverolle, one of two here his dad Negan is the other guy he's older, taller, muuuch thinner lol!
So two SF roosters, well Prince is a cockrel he wont be a year old rooster until April and 13 hens/pullets 6 of those SF ladies.
I sell SF hatching eggs for pocket money, spreading the fat rooster magic.:)
I love little Jappies too, they always look like they're plotting something!:lau
Yes, definitely worse things in life, I can think of many, haha
My mom loves them too of course, I just love them a little bit more, I think! I free range along with them all the time lol

Oooo I love the whole Faverolle look, I really like the breeds with beards, muffs, top-knots, crests, feather-feet, etc.!
If our chickens let Japanese duder mate them when they're older, I might try to get some cross-breeding going on ^^.
Right now with the whole pecking order thing, whenever the Japanese guy challenges one of the other chicks/starts chest-bump-dancing, they just look at him, peck him, and walk away lol

Our Cream Legbar pullet has a nice little crest (I call her Mohawk-girl all the time, lol) and of course when mom showed up with these new chicks and one was a Polish I was like "She is mine!"
My mom loves the frizzled Cochin bantams, with their furry pants and boots and all :D. It's just too bad they're pure white in color, that's gonna get messy outside lol

Lol! I like you! That is why I chose Faverolles all the extras on them beard, muffs, feathered legs and.....drumroll please an extra toe!
Pretty nice I can sex them at 3 or 4 weeks too.
Try to keep us "or at least me!" Updated on your chickening please!
I enjoy new people who are in a wonderful mindset for this hobby like you would not believe.
Hard as cement socks to come across.:)
Yes, definitely worse things in life, I can think of many, haha
My mom loves them too of course, I just love them a little bit more, I think! I free range along with them all the time lol

Oooo I love the whole Faverolle look, I really like the breeds with beards, muffs, top-knots, crests, feather-feet, etc.!
If our chickens let Japanese duder mate them when they're older, I might try to get some cross-breeding going on ^^.
Right now with the whole pecking order thing, whenever the Japanese guy challenges one of the other chicks/starts chest-bump-dancing, they just look at him, peck him, and walk away lol

Our Cream Legbar pullet has a nice little crest (I call her Mohawk-girl all the time, lol) and of course when mom showed up with these new chicks and one was a Polish I was like "She is mine!"
My mom loves the frizzled Cochin bantams, with their furry pants and boots and all :D. It's just too bad they're pure white in color, that's gonna get messy outside lol
20190917_171831.jpg

Lol! I like you! That is why I chose Faverolles all the extras on them beard, muffs, feathered legs and.....drumroll please an extra toe!
Pretty nice I can sex them at 3 or 4 weeks too.
Try to keep us "or at least me!" Updated on your chickening please!
I enjoy new people who are in a wonderful mindset for this hobby like you would not believe.
Hard as cement socks to come across.:)

View attachment 1940840

I hope someday to have an assortment of all the breeds I want, both full sized and bantams, and Faverolles is definitely on the list ^_^ I think it's hilarious that between the 3 pullets outside and the five chicks inside, we have 7 different breeds total already lol
It took me weeks of waiting and days of up-close-and-personal observation to figure out the sex of all the chicks, we got super lucky with only the one Japanese guy, the rest are all little ladies :D
The little frizzled Cochin bantams have five toes for some reason, either a deformity/mutation or maybe they were crossed with something else way back in their ancestry, because they don't look like anything BUT Cochin lol
I'll definitely do updates and posts, maybe start a thread about them all at some point, I need to get some pictures as well :).

She honestly should, I've gotten so much good information (and entertainment) here, I've been telling her things I've read over the months; the one thing is, she isn't the best at website/forum navigation, lol

This website is pretty user friendly, I think you should bring your mom down to BYC and we’ll teach her everything we know! Plus, we get these cool emoticons :wee

Back
Top Bottom