Very noisy bantam chicks- Help!

Pics
Thank you thank you, glad to finally be joined up here :) I've been lurking for over half a year, just didn't have much to say yet- was busy learning everything I could first :p.
Oh yes, I love the little bantam chickies, they're adorable!
Especially the little OEGB, she's so chill and relaxed, I can pick her up, pet her, she hops onto my legs, etc. The little Japanese guy is seriously the noisiest chick I have ever heard, he is CONSTANTLY vocalizing, it's actually hilarious but oh man, what does he have so much to say about?! Lol.
The buff Polish chick isn't a bantam but she's my possible lap chicken out of the group, she comes to me when I call her, talks back to me when I talk to her, jumps all over my lap, lays down on me, likes getting pets and so on :).
There are definitely size and space advantages to bantams, for sure, and they're super cute, so even though the timing was terrible, I'm still glad about my mom and her tom impulse-buying, lol.
I have Bantom Mille Fleur(sp) rooster that is the loudest roo I have even owned. He hurts my ears and I am partly deaf!!!

*Random Updates*
The new big coop is nearly finished, just have to get the metal roof on, do a little painting, add some hardware cloth, and build the run!
I bought some grit for the chickies, initially mixed a small amount into their food just to get it into their system without them treating it like a treat and devouring a huge amount of it; will offer it free choice as soon as I find a decent way to do it without allowing them to overdo it! The temperature outside is cooler today, only a high of 80 degrees F after an entire week of 90+, so all the chickens are happy!
The chicks are doing well outside in their cage next to the big girls coop; Pom-Pom the Polish who is with bantams all smaller than herself has definitely shown herself to be Top Girl of the chick group, and has also shown her pure disdain for the big girls; she tries to FLOG Poyo (bastardization of Spanish "pollo") the Buff Orpington through all the hardware cloth! Good thing they can't make any physical contact yet, though I'm worried for the future- never expected the one Polish girl to be so ornery toward the big hens!
The chicks voices are all starting to change, they're between baby-voice and adult-voice, and they're around 10-11 weeks old now :).
Taichi the TINY Japanese bantam Boy Wonder has yet to act like a gentlemen and NOT steal food from the other littles beaks, lol.
Gracie the self-blue OEGB is still heart-breakingly adorable, tiny and tame, when I pick her up she just takes it as an opportunity to look around from up high, haha.
The two bantam Cochin frizzles, Pixie and Bootsie, are starting to get bigger, fluffier, and their voices sound hilarious at this in-between chick-adult stage.
Pom-Pom the Polish still responds to her name, rushes over to me+my mom when she sees us or we call her, and still loves hopping onto my lap, laying down, and getting pets :D.

Last edited:
*Random Update*
AWHHHH, Taichi the tiny Japanese Bantam Wonder Boy
did the little wing-dance-side-shuffle to the OEGB girl today!
LOL I couldn't help but laugh, he's so tiny and it looked so funny :D
Awh, the babbies are all growing up :')

*Random Update*
AWHHHH, Taichi the tiny Japanese Bantam Wonder Boy
did the little wing-dance-side-shuffle to the OEGB girl today!
LOL I couldn't help but laugh, he's so tiny and it looked so funny :D
Awh, the babbies are all growing up :')

You have GOT to get a video of that. We want to see!!! :D

You have GOT to get a video of that. We want to see!!! :D

Oh I definitely will if he provides me with the opportunity!
I'm lucky I caught it at all, it was the first time I'd ever seen him act like an actual cockerel aside from all the chest-bumping and neck-feather-flaring :D I wonder if he even has any idea of what it was he was doing to Gracie, or if his hormones are just awakening and suddenly -MUST-DANCE-WING-DOWN-TO-GRACIE! Lol
They're all still a bit young, somewhere between 10-12 weeks, likely 11, but they're starting to look their ages in appearance, fully feathered, voices changing, etc :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom