Very quiet Runner

BickeringToast

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 14, 2012
Jersey, GA
So the 4-pack is peeping, whistling, and sometimes quaking along. Except Doc (Runner). When he opens that little duck bill of his it is barely even a whisper that comes out. He seems 100% fine, runs around, swims, begs for peas, forages and all that good stuff, but he really has no voice. If you weren't concentrating on him and listening for a sound you would never hear his whisper-peep.

Is this normal? If not, any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks for any help everyone!
big_smile.png

Idk if its the same for all ducks but a have a female Pekin that does the same thing. She either won't quack or when she does its like nothing comes out really. She's been like this for as long as I can remember and she has no problems. Not sure if this helps or not.

Idk if its the same for all ducks but a have a female Pekin that does the same thing. She either won't quack or when she does its like nothing comes out really. She's been like this for as long as I can remember and she has no problems. Not sure if this helps or not.
Definitely helps
smile.png
My Runner seems to be doing just fine but I started to wonder if it was at all common or if it was a concern.

Ya I'm not sure if its common I just thought my duck was weird lol. But its nice to know that I'm not the only one :)

Back
Top Bottom