Very Sad morning,My DH feels like a Dog

I'm sorry to hear this, Julie. Your husband must feel terrible, though not his fault. I hope you can get your breeding program back into place as you want.
Can you tell me why you believe the predator(s) was an owl?

I am so sorry. I cannot even imagine how bad your poor hubby feels about the whole thing. And your girls were sooo pretty:-( I am so sorry again.

sad.png

I'm so sorry for your loss. That is tragic, I sure hope you have some fertile eggs coming to you in the next week with the hens left.

I'm curious though what makes you think it was an owl? They are not known for killing sprees, they take what they can carry and leave to a tree to eat. I'd suspect something with paws the way you discribe it. Not that it lessens your loss any but knowing the right culprit will help you in making the right corrections to your coops. If you have a racoon or weasel problem you can't just cover the runs with chicken wire, they will rip right through it. Some sluthing is in order.

Thanks everyone, I know you understand how I feel. My husband has felt so bad cause he really loves my silkies too and he has labored along with me in raising them. He enjoyed showing this season and we were going to go to the Show in Lake City Fl in Jan. don't know now. Can you believe I got home to check mail this afternoon and I had a check in the mail for 90 dollars from wins from the Show where my Prescious Black silkie pullet won Grand Champion. I do have some cuties that hatched yesterday. I will probably drive back down to Bobbi Porto's again next year and try to get some more and get some eggs from her too.
Thanks again for your prayers and sympathy. Julie B.

Oh, I forgot. What makes me think Owl. Because they had their necks broke and one out of each pen had the head eaten off and a little down into neck. That has been their scenario. Kill the roo when it attacks eat the head of hen or pullet. Must have been more than one. We don't have weasels here. The only Predators I have had to deal with is Owl, Possum, Fox, Skunk.

Back
Top Bottom