Very sick baby! Help please??!!

95 first week and then dropping 5 degrees each week til you get to 75.
However, I just leave the heat lamp where it is and they have plenty of room to move to where it's comfortable.

It depends on where and how yours is hanging.

A Mama Heating Pad can also be improvised. The mama heating pad replaces the broody hen who gives heat, and chicks go under it whenever they want some warmth. This makes for an easy temperature adaptation, as it emulates the natural way chicks would grow cold hardy in the wild while raised by their mother. Also, if the recurring problem of your pasty butt chicks is stress, having a warm, dark place to hide under should do wonders to calm them down. Just make sure to put some sort of protection above the heating pad so the chicks don't soil it when they climb on top of it, and if you don't hear them peeping incessantly when they hide there (those peepings are usually cries for warmth), you should be fine.

Last edited:
We just got them today. They said theyre 3 days old. I dont have any save a chick. I havent seen any other symptoms. I dont think its making it. It keeps falling on its back now and wont get up at all. 😞
I'm so sorry. I had the same thing happen to one of the babies I got from tractor supply. Sadly it died while I had it bundled on my chest. We buried the little precious sweetheart ❤️. If it's your first time having chickens, it is hard but you have to come to an understanding of the circle of life. Best wishes.

It's very important to clean the poo off the chick's vents and keep them clean. Check them every day and stay on top of it. If their vent gets clogged and they can't poop, they will die.

Back
Top Bottom