Very sick chicken, need help!

Hi. How is your sick birdie? I do hope she's better. I thought I'd advise that coconut oil is usually solid unless it's in a warm place, then it goes liquid. I think Eggcessive meant you to place your jar of coconut oil in the fridge to set it so that you could feed your chick crumbs of it to help her digestive tract. Best of luck!

Hi. How is your sick birdie? I do hope she's better. I thought I'd advise that coconut oil is usually solid unless it's in a warm place, then it goes liquid. I think Eggcessive meant you to place your jar of coconut oil in the fridge to set it so that you could feed your chick crumbs of it to help her digestive tract. Best of luck!
Thankyou for helping me understand, I don’t have any coconut oil but will get some hopefully. Jet is still vomiting but her poop is getting closer to normal. Yesterday she didn’t have much of an appetite, so I made a blended baby food type thing to hand feed her. She likes that. She seems less exhausted than she was yesterday, maybe an affect of eating food again with the blended mixture.

Here is some reading about reproductive disorders:
http://www.theveterinaryexpert.com/backyard-poultry/egg-yolk-peritonitis/

http://www.poultrydvm.com/condition/egg-peritonitis

Here is a picture of a hen with egg yolk peritonitis:

View attachment 1919704
I have done a look around her belly area and there is no fluid there like a ‘water balloon’; a description of this in some research I have done. What else could it be? She is eating. But, the poop white is sticky, kind of like mucus. There are some seeds in her poo that aren’t really broken down. They are the soaked ones, by the way.

I would let her sleep in the dark at night. Do you have a local grocery store where you can buy human vitamin B complex and some coconut oil in a jar? They are sold pretty much everywhere in stores or pharmacies in the US. Give 1/4 tablet daily of the B complex and mix into her food.

upload_2019-9-30_7-36-49.jpeg

Thankyou for helping me understand, I don’t have any coconut oil but will get some hopefully. Jet is still vomiting but her poop is getting closer to normal. Yesterday she didn’t have much of an appetite, so I made a blended baby food type thing to hand feed her. She likes that. She seems less exhausted than she was yesterday, maybe an affect of eating food again with the blended mixture.
Birds are so fragile and can go downhill very fast. It's good to have the support from this forum. People are so knowledgeable and helpful. Soft food is good to feed too, especially hand fed, then you know how much she's eaten. I think when poo is green like Jets is, it shows she's not eaten. I'm sure I read that, so maybe it will be different now. Did you mix in some raw egg in her food? Got protein and vitamins in it. I do hope she picks up soon. They are such a worry.

Back
Top Bottom