Very sick hen - Warning, Contains Very Nasty, Grapic Necropsy Pictures - Updated

I used a 16g needle and aspirated about 20cc of fluid. Then we didn't even need to squeeze and fluid continued to drain out the hole for several minutes. She went right to the food and water again. Although it was great to empty the fluid out, I'm still not optimistic. I'm not sure what I'm feeling inside her.

I used a 16g needle and aspirated about 20cc of fluid. Then we didn't even need to squeeze and fluid continued to drain out the hole for several minutes. She went right to the food and water again. Although it was great to empty the fluid out, I'm still not optimistic. I'm not sure what I'm feeling inside her.
How is she now?

-Kathy

Sorry to read about your hen, Kathy. Thanks for posting the photos! You're certainly a much stronger person than me. I wanted to send my last cull off for necropsy, but my husband had to take care of her while I was gone, or I would have changed my mind. I have to get stronger, I get too attached! ~robyn

The fluid has not re-occurred since we drained her. However, she still walks around like a penguin, still roosts with the crew, and still eats and drinks a lot. With the fluid drained, I can really feel lumps now. Part of me thinks I feel an egg, but then I feel additional lumps of smaller size. She is thin, but seems to be of good spirits and enjoying herself yet.

The fluid has not re-occurred since we drained her. However, she still walks around like a penguin, still roosts with the crew, and still eats and drinks a lot. With the fluid drained, I can really feel lumps now. Part of me thinks I feel an egg, but then I feel additional lumps of smaller size. She is thin, but seems to be of good spirits and enjoying herself yet.
Maybe she is like this hen was...

Was looking for some pictures and found these. This is a hen that was walking like a penguin, breathing hard and she died while I was trying to drain the fluid.

-Kathy

A last note is that the rats used for the study are a special line that does get cancer, by design. However, the ages and severity are what are notable and if I recall, that was discussed in the study.

http://www.naturalnews.com/037249_GMO_study_cancer_tumors_organ_damage.html
That's the famous Seralini study - it's literally meaningless. If you wanted to give a class on how not to conduct a study, this would be the first example

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Séralini_affair

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom