Very sick hen

Can you take a flash light and look inside her beak to visualize her tongue and look for anything wrapped around the tongue, or any yellow or gunky patches inside her beak and throat? Also, she needs to drink more medicated water. Eating watermelon will get more fluids into her, but no medicine. If you lose her or decide to put her down, I would get a necropsy on her by your state vet. Here is a list of state vets:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm

Can you take a flash light and look inside her beak to visualize her tongue and look for anything wrapped around the tongue, or any yellow or gunky patches inside her beak and throat? Also, she needs to drink more medicated water. Eating watermelon will get more fluids into her, but no medicine. If you lose her or decide to put her down, I would get a necropsy on her by your state vet. Here is a list of state vets:
https://www.metzerfarms.com/PoultryLabs.cfm
I'm planning to soak the watermelon in the medicated water to try and get her to eat it that way, she won't take any fluids. Her throat and mouth look fine from what I've seen, I got a good look when she was gaping. Other than that, she won't let me look inside her mouth at all. Ill keep trying, though.

Get another person to help you look into her throat. If necessary wait until dark, and take her off the roost. I would be tempted to mix the Tylan in water and give some orally with a dropper or syringe, just to get the proper dose. Dosage can be tricky though. Can you tell us what Tylan or tylosin you have, whether it is powder or injectable? Do you have a gram or kitchen scale?

Get another person to help you look into her throat. If necessary wait until dark, and take her off the roost. I would be tempted to mix the Tylan in water and give some orally with a dropper or syringe, just to get the proper dose. Dosage can be tricky though. Can you tell us what Tylan or tylosin you have, whether it is powder or injectable? Do you have a gram or kitchen scale?
I did have someone helping me before, but I was worried she'd get hurt so ill wait until dark. I do have a kitchen scale. I have Tylan soluble, I have given her the medicated water via dropper twice now but she doesn't drink much of it.

I did have someone helping me before, but I was worried she'd get hurt so ill wait until dark. I do have a kitchen scale. I have Tylan soluble, I have given her the medicated water via dropper twice now but she doesn't drink much of it.
If you wrap her in a towel with only her head sticking out, she will not be able to cause much damage.

I looked in her throat, but couldn't see past the back of her mouth, she had a bubble of thick saliva covering it. I've been feeding her watermelon soaked overnight in tylan for 3ish days now, hasn't really done much. She eats but struggles, she's still in the same condition as before. When she's eating her face turns a discolored greyish color as well, but with what I could see, her mouth is clear. Just a lot of saliva

Back
Top Bottom