Very sick peacock - Two siblings already dead

Okay, so I have to admit at the moment that I am a minor, and I am not too sure if there are any avian vets around here/ nor will my parents be able to pay for the meds...

However, IF it is blackhead, where would the source be coming from? The adult peafowl don't seem to have any problems in the slightest...

So what exactly can I do for him?

If it's blackhead he will need metronidazole, a wormer that kills cecal worms and probably an antibiotic like Baytril, cipro, Clavamox, augmentin, or SMZ/TMP. He will also need to be brought indoors and tube fed. I have had to treat more than my fair share of peafowl with blackhead, it must be treated aggressively, or prognosis is very poor.

-Kathy

Drugs are almost impossible to get in the UK, but a pigeon breeder, if you know of any, might have what you need, so start looking for a pigeon breeder in your area. Canker in pigeons is treated with the same medicine, that's why I mention it.

-Kathy

Drugs are almost impossible to get in the UK, but a pigeon breeder, if you know of any, might have what you need, so start looking for a pigeon breeder in your area. Canker in pigeons is treated with the same medicine, that's why I mention it.

-Kathy
I have emailed my local breeder, it's just a question if he makes it through the night now...
hmm.png

Thank you all who have helped, I appreciate it a lot.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom