Very sick pls help

Celticboatman

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2021
Need help got very sick chicken, stopped eating can't move much, puffed up, trouble breathing contacted vet won't even see me this the third chicken in as many weeks pls help

Attachments

• 16190780417533781063075968101291.jpg
    16190780417533781063075968101291.jpg
    935.9 KB · Views: 11
What happened to the others you went to vet for? Do tell us more about the problems you had with the other chickens. Maybe its something contagious. Did the other chickens get medicines?

Do put the sick chicken in a seperated and warm area to start with.

How old is she? What were the symptoms of the others? Have you checked for a stuck egg by inserting a clean finger into her vent about 1-2 inches? Is her crop enlarged, hard or puffy? Has she been laying eggs recently? Is she having runny or bloody droppings? Is there any nasal or eye drainage, or sneezing?

OK thanks. It's not a egg I looked looks she has gone blind now. Day before last I noticed she was sitting a lot looked tired. yesterday she was fine eating, drinking and running with tho others this morning not moving not eating not drinking and I think she has gone completely blind, dropping is normal, no discharge from nose or eyes. Identical to other chicken. I put her down after 5 days of no food or drink now afraid I'm going to loose all of them still have 15

Do the eyes look normal, or is the color or pupil shape different? Is she lame? Any swelling of the eyelids, or eye bubbles or drainage? Pictipures of the eyes may help. Are you located in the UK? Is avian influenza a problem locally atthis time?

Do the eyes look normal, or is the color or pupil shape different? Is she lame? Any swelling of the eyelids, or eye bubbles or drainage? Pictipures of the eyes may help. Are you located in the UK? Is avian influenza a problem locally atthis time?
Could you help me? I have two 4wk old meat birds who are sick with different issues. On Tuesday April 20th, I pulled one of my chickens when I saw he was lying down and unable to move. I brought him into the house and started giving him some yogurt. He lived thought the night. I then brought prebiotic to put into everyone's water. Next day I gave him feed plus yogurt plus little bit of grit. He doesn't like it with the grit. His poops are green and look normal. He is still moving. Trying to get up, flapping his wings but no better. Now he is not drinking much at all. Second one looks like cocciouse?. Yellow runny poop, not moving. Found it yesterday. Dead today. Help. The picture is of the first one.

Attachments

• 20210420_191054.jpg
    20210420_191054.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 4
Could you help me? I have two 4wk old meat birds who are sick with different issues. On Tuesday April 20th, I pulled one of my chickens when I saw he was lying down and unable to move. I brought him into the house and started giving him some yogurt. He lived thought the night. I then brought prebiotic to put into everyone's water. Next day I gave him feed plus yogurt plus little bit of grit. He doesn't like it with the grit. His poops are green and look normal. He is still moving. Trying to get up, flapping his wings but no better. Now he is not drinking much at all. Second one looks like cocciouse?. Yellow runny poop, not moving. Found it yesterday. Dead today. Help. The picture is of the first one.
It is best if you start a new thread of your own here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/
You can copy and past most of what you have written to your own thread, so we don’t get confused about who we are helping. If you still have the body, keep it cold and try to get a necropsy by the state vet. You can alao try doing a short necropsy at home, to open the abdomen, and look at the organs. Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom