Very skinny & lethargic chick, I have no idea what’s going on!

Jan 1, 2020
Eastern North Carolina, USA
She is almost 2 months old and is nothing but bones! She is very small compared to the others her age but I do have a couple more that are having the same problem. I have no idea what is going on with them! Maybe Coccidiosis or failure to thrive? She is sleeping a lot now and very lethargic, not sure if she will be alive by tomorrow. They have unlimited amount of 20% chick starter food and clean water. I really hate seeing them like this and not knowing what is causing it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Attachments

• 9A64F3B4-D2ED-4851-B0BA-86CEA8611D43.jpeg
    9A64F3B4-D2ED-4851-B0BA-86CEA8611D43.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 3D9C7DC0-E174-4030-AAAC-93577E7BB23B.jpeg
    3D9C7DC0-E174-4030-AAAC-93577E7BB23B.jpeg
    779.9 KB · Views: 4
Do you have some Poultry NutriDrench that you could give her, about 2 drops orally? Try getting her to drink some water and offer some wet chick feed. Try to see what her poops look like, especially if they are runny, have mucus or blood. Corid is very safe to use if coccidiosis is not the problem, but I would be treating for it right away. Dosage is 2 tsp per gallon of the liquid Corid, and 1.5 tsp if using the powder. Change the water daily and treat for 5-7 days. You can also continue treating with 1/4 of that dose for another 5-7 days if they are not perky. Do not use the Poultry NutriDrench or vitamins after starting treatment, but it cannbe used after the Corid is finished.

Do you have some Poultry NutriDrench that you could give her, about 2 drops orally? Try getting her to drink some water and offer some wet chick feed. Try to see what her poops look like, especially if they are runny, have mucus or blood. Corid is very safe to use if coccidiosis is not the problem, but I would be treating for it right away. Dosage is 2 tsp per gallon of the liquid Corid, and 1.5 tsp if using the powder. Change the water daily and treat for 5-7 days. You can also continue treating with 1/4 of that dose for another 5-7 days if they are not perky. Do not use the Poultry NutriDrench or vitamins after starting treatment, but it cannbe used after the Corid is finished.
Thanks! It’s definitely coccidiosis, I just saw blood in their poop. I can’t believe I didn’t catch this sooner but I have the powder Corid and I’m treating all my chicks with it now.

Back
Top Bottom