Lethargic pullet with blue green poop

Money Pit Zoo

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2023
I have a 19 week old Cream Legbar pullet who is very lethargic - she didn’t leave the coop this morning and is still in there sleeping. In the coop underneath her I noticed some blue green loose poop. Yesterday, she slept almost all day in a few spots around the yard, she drank some water with ACV, maybe had some food. Her crop yesterday and today feels empty. I don’t think her comb is paler in color than usual. She might be kind of skinny, but it’s hard to tell under all those feathers. She has not started laying yet. I have my chickens on Nutrena Chick Starter with free access to oyster shell. Every couple days or so they get mealworms or watermelon as a treat. They free range in a 1/2 acre pen all day and sometimes in the front yard as well. I have 18 other chickens and they are all acting fine, and nobody is or has ever bullied her. Within the past month or so, she has had one other episode characterized by lethargy that lasted a few days, but in that case she wasn’t as lethargic as this time and I noticed no weird poops. Last time, I gave her ACV water and some Nutri-Drench, and after a couple days of that she went back to acting normally. Now here we are again and this time she’s worse. Anyone have ideas on what is wrong and/or how I can help her?

Attachments

• IMG_9354.jpeg
    IMG_9354.jpeg
    564.3 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_9355.jpeg
    IMG_9355.jpeg
    846 KB · Views: 19
Poor girl!
I assume she is not laying yet, correct?
It would be good to check her over for lice or mites.
I would offer her a bit of high protein things like eggs, meat, and fish. Also offer her some feed with water mixed in, and make it like a mush. It would also be good to give her some Nutri-Drench, it should help her out some.

Thank you for replying Tookie! I did give her some ACV water and some nutri-drench and she snapped out of it. She has been perfectly fine for a few days now. I have no idea what was wrong, but at least she’s better now.

Thank you for replying Tookie! I did give her some ACV water and some nutri-drench and she snapped out of it. She has been perfectly fine for a few days now. I have no idea what was wrong, but at least she’s better now.
I'm very glad to hear that! Hopefully this doesn't happen again.

Back
Top Bottom