Very Soft, Large Lump!

Did the needle procedure help?
Yes. She was never quite the same afterwards, but she was definitely more comfortable. Vienna was always known as the grouch afterwards, and she stayed that way until a dog walked out of her chicken coop with her in it's mouth. She went from being the grouch, to being a very happy hen, well, except for her dog PTSD she ended up with. :rolleyes: Yes. I know. For whatever reason, Vienna ended up being my "Bad Luck" chicken. Everything bad to happen, always appeared to happen to her.
As far as with the needle procedure, that needs to be drained, and a needle is the only way that I was told to do with Vienna. A hollow needle would be best, and unfortunately with Vienna, the needle wasn't hollow, and was very long. For all I know, Vienna might of actually got internally injured because we didn't have the right needle.
If all else fails, maybe you could take your chick to the vet and maybe they can drain it for you? I don't think that it'll go away, and if it's leaking, draining it the sooner, the better.

Yes. She was never quite the same afterwards, but she was definitely more comfortable. Vienna was always known as the grouch afterwards, and she stayed that way until a dog walked out of her chicken coop with her in it's mouth. She went from being the grouch, to being a very happy hen, well, except for her dog PTSD she ended up with. :rolleyes: Yes. I know. For whatever reason, Vienna ended up being my "Bad Luck" chicken. Everything bad to happen, always appeared to happen to her.
As far as with the needle procedure, that needs to be drained, and a needle is the only way that I was told to do with Vienna. A hollow needle would be best, and unfortunately with Vienna, the needle wasn't hollow, and was very long. For all I know, Vienna might of actually got internally injured because we didn't have the right needle.
If all else fails, maybe you could take your chick to the vet and maybe they can drain it for you? I don't think that it'll go away, and if it's leaking, draining it the sooner, the better.
Ok! All good advice. Thanks again. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom