Very ticked!

And I stress "Pets Are Allowed"
big_smile.png

I'm not to worried about her. She's not long for this world considering her health. I'm sure thats another reason she so grouchy.

I hate politics!!
somad.gif
Considering that we are on a dead end road and are a peninsula with farm land all around us (grandfather-clause
old.gif
into the city so it will never be developed) the nearest house to me that is not on my street is over 400 yards away! How on earth do they consider this area "moderate residental"???!!! I would love to get that changed! Heck, I would rather be X'd right out of the city limits. We are right on the edge of line. And they won't even fix our road, they consider it a private drive regardless that THEY put ROAD on the street sign!

DH says I shouldn't have even bothered to ask, just do it. And not to worry about her! I think it will all be okay as long as I make sure they stay out of her yard and I keep it down to one rooster.
I will be more then happy to offer her fresh eggs but so help me if she throws them out....
duc.gif

When talking to the city and he told me about "pets" he did not state how many. I think I need to verify if there is a set number.

Run-a-muck, I totally agree with what you are saying. There is a small herd of cattle behind us and they are considered "pets" and the lady has one down every year for butchering.

I don't care any more, I'm still doing it!!
I will be a rebel, a rebel with chickens!!!
yippiechickie.gif

Cheep a'lil Talk a'lil :

We moved to this small town two years ago. We bought a great house on a dead end road that has only 10 house on it and surrounded by fields. Each house sitting on almost an ac. each if not more. We have the dream of the garden and the chickens and fruit trees.....

Then I went to City Hall to ask about zoning regs for chickens. After about 10 min of diging they told me that our "neighborhood" is considered moderate residental (your kidding me right!?!) and that chickens are NOT allowed. BUT that PETS are. So they asked if the chickens were for food or 4H. I told them both. So he stressed again that PETS are allowed, that as long as that is what I called them.....
wink.png

I told them that I have a very grouchy old busy body that thinks she can badmouth anyone and its okay as long as she says "God love um" after every snide remark.

The folks at city hall asked who it was and after giving them her name they looked at each other with raised eyebrows and said "aaaaahhhh, we know her well"
hmm.png

I don't want to build a coop and fence everything and buy my chickens just to have her turn me in and I have to get rid of them!

But thanks to the great folks at city hall telling me that pets ARE allowed;)
wink.png

I don't think I will worry about it. (Okay, I will, but I can't help it!)

I will have to be discreat about the meat birds, er...umm, I mean the really fast growing 4H birds that never make it to the showings.

*sigh*
Okay, I feel a little better now, thanks!

Gotta have them chickens ....God luv 'em!!
lau.gif

perhaps your zoning board can issue aspecial use permit based on proof that everyone is too far away to smell the rosy smells and such. Get a petition signed by the majority of your good nieghbors befor you even talk to the battle ax and then petition the ZB aqccording to the local rules.

Back
Top Bottom