Very tiny duck

Knighstar679

Crowing
Jun 12, 2018
Seneca Falls, NY
I have been in the middle of a late late hatch all throughout this past weekend. But I have two ducklings that survived over 24 hours that are very tiny in comparison to the very first duckling that hatched. The other two small ducklings didn’t survive past 24 hours past hatch.

what can I do to help these two ducklings get built up more. The one I saw eating and drinking last night they have pooped. I just am trying to figure out the best way not to loose two more ducklings.

These pictures are taken with them standing in a seresto collar container so size difference can be seen easily. These two only hatched a day a part.

01800572-5788-4FD8-A984-E6070A1ADBAA.jpeg hatched Friday

E3907541-C136-4C17-B6F5-3225EFF4D806.jpeg hatched Saturday

Looking for any answer or solutions I can come up with.

Oh wow! So tiny! But still so cute. :) how was the humidity during your hatch? And what did the air cells look like? I have the one egg with a giant air cell that I’m expecting to get a small, weak duckling out of, wondering if something similar happened to yours?

Oh wow! So tiny! But still so cute. :) how was the humidity during your hatch? And what did the air cells look like? I have the one egg with a giant air cell that I’m expecting to get a small, weak duckling out of, wondering if something similar happened to yours?
They were shipped eggs that had very wonky long air cells. Humidity stayed around the 35-45 mark all hatch. I got one normal duckling and 4 very small ducklings two that passed. And these two that have been running around for over 24 hours.
I did nurta-drench while they were in the incubator getting their legs. Vitamin b in the water and a mash. I just don’t know if it’s enough or if I should try something else.

So, I actually had a hatch last week, eight hatched, three were very tiny compared to the others, one ended up passing, but the other two are continuing to thrive, they are little runts, but are now getting around just as well as the others.

All I did was ensure that the duckling's were in the most stress-free environment as possible, so I rarely handled them, made sure the other's weren't picking on them, and made sure their brooder was warm enough for their health state. After 24 hours I administered a few drops of a poultry vitamin and offered them some mashed scrambled eggs. Two day's after hatch they were back to normal.

And P.S these were two Black East Indies/Call Cross and One Call Duck.

So, I actually had a hatch last week, eight hatched, three were very tiny compared to the others, one ended up passing, but the other two are continuing to thrive, they are little runts, but are now getting around just as well as the others.

All I did was ensure that the duckling's were in the most stress-free environment as possible, so I rarely handled them, made sure the other's weren't picking on them, and made sure their brooder was warm enough for their health state. After 24 hours I administered a few drops of a poultry vitamin and offered them some mashed scrambled eggs. Two day's after hatch they were back to normal.

And P.S these were two Black East Indies/Call Cross and One Call Duck.
I was going to say mashed scrambled egg it’s so good for them.

woukd you recommended chicken or duck scrambled eggs for them?

Back
Top Bottom