Very urgent! Intestine or umbilical cord?

Though it looks fine to me, could you turn the light off and snap a quick pic with natural light or flash?
How’s this? It’s head is so swollen :/ I’ve never seen a chick with that before.
06FBF06B-1B4B-42BA-8570-58E6509245F4.jpeg
ABFC0345-1730-421F-B38C-82189581BDFB.jpeg

Attachments

• 2E9E3EBA-5AA1-412B-9493-4787663F3CB1.jpeg
    2E9E3EBA-5AA1-412B-9493-4787663F3CB1.jpeg
    356.7 KB · Views: 0
The owners have made the decision to put her down. She is shaking in an abnormal way and her neck is now swollen also. If sticky chick syndrome was the only issue I’d definitely say that she’d be fine and I’d take care of her for a few days, but I feel like this is just a bit too much. I feel guilty “giving up” but I guess it’s not my decision anyway. The daughter feels like she’s struggling. You can’t save every chick :( thank you everyone for your responses and help.

The second photo is of a chick that pipped and then mommy got up, she literally got shrink wrapped in the egg. I got to her 12 hours later, she was still alive in the egg, so I helped her out. She was very weak, my wife kept her in her bra for a few hours, that night I put her back under her mamma and siblings. It took her a few days to catch up in terms of strength with her siblings. The first photo shows her today, 7 months later, as one of my best laying hens. They are stronger than we think.
I had a shrink wrapped chick, pretty much same story as yours. Her name is Jaelyn now, and she’s a very happy girl. Needed some help at first and was a bit weaker, but is very strong now.

Back
Top Bottom