VERY Vocal Chickens

I've only had my chickens since April and I'm still learning their language! Most of the time it's soft cooing or clucking. I laugh when I try to imitate them they get quiet and look at me like huh?

You will fall in love with your chickens! But, If you spoil them they will beg! And how can we not spoil them? ha! Mine are about two years and I have a song that I too imitated from their "talk" and they come running every time I sing it! So be silly and talk the chicken way! : ) Happy day to you

My chickens have become very vocal recently, i do not have a rooster just 3 RIR's and 1 Mille Fleur bantam. It seems like they make a crazy amount of noise when they want to come out of the coop. Like yesterday, it was raining crazy so i put them in their coop just really because i didnt want them tearing up the yard more than they normally do. they just stood at the door skwaking like i had murdered someone!

Do they skwawk when they want something? are they just beligerant? I have heard people on here claiming that their chickens "talk" i am wondering if others have stupigly loud chickens with no apparent reason? Can i stop them being noisy? Are they like dogs inasmuch that if you give them what they want when they are misbehaving it reinforces the "bad" behaviour?

Help, i dont want to annoy the neighbours!
They just want to get out and not be caged up - just like you wouldn’t want to be stuck in a cage. Chickens make lots of noise, just like humans..,,,

Back
Top Bottom