Very Watery White Poop

I did a video but haven’t been able to download it. She can walk, preen, and ruffle her feathers and not get off balance. What if I use that photo I posted and syringe her food by pulverizing it and mixing with water and push through the syringe down the side away from the windpipe like the photo shows? Think that would work. It would go to her craw, right?

What do you think?

Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to iníciate a new post. My hen hasn’t been eating for a week. (Obviously she is eating something or she’s be dead, but VERY little and I think she will die if I can’t figure this out). I brought her inside about four days ago in a wire dog kennel so I can exactly see her poop and what’s she’s eating. Her poop is very watery and white and hasn’t really changed. I attached a photo after it dried a little. I have offered these things just to get her to eat: ground her pellets and wet, chick food, dried soldier flies, mashed cooked yams, yogurt, arugula, spinach, rice, cooked chicken, cooked eggs, raw eggs. I added sav-a-chick to her water with probiotics and electrolytes. She’s not eating. She leans in like she will eat it then doesn’t. I tried the possible vets to have her poop analyzed. No luck. No obvious worms in her poop. Not egg bound. Not sour crop. Her crop has been just about empty since I discovered this a week ago.
Her poop is much more like water. This had dried a bit.View attachment 2788008

What do you think?

Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to iníciate a new post. My hen hasn’t been eating for a week. (Obviously she is eating something or she’s be dead, but VERY little and I think she will die if I can’t figure this out). I brought her inside about four days ago in a wire dog kennel so I can exactly see her poop and what’s she’s eating. Her poop is very watery and white and hasn’t really changed. I attached a photo after it dried a little. I have offered these things just to get her to eat: ground her pellets and wet, chick food, dried soldier flies, mashed cooked yams, yogurt, arugula, spinach, rice, cooked chicken, cooked eggs, raw eggs. I added sav-a-chick to her water with probiotics and electrolytes. She’s not eating. She leans in like she will eat it then doesn’t. I tried the possible vets to have her poop analyzed. No luck. No obvious worms in her poop. Not egg bound. Not sour crop. Her crop has been just about empty since I discovered this a week ago.
Her poop is much more like water. This had dried a bit.View attachment 2788008
Hi, I don't know if this helps. I'm currently in a similar dilemma with my young hen. She was puffed up like a pom pom and wasn't eating or drinking. She's lost loads of weight in just a couple of days. I thought I was losing her, she was so lethargic and wobbly. I sat for hours gently coaxing her to drink distilled water with garlic, distilled water with apple cider and distilled water with honey. I used a children's medicine syringe and just placed drop by drop on her beak. Not too much of the additives but plenty of distilled water to keep her hydrated. It was slow going but she's still with me and now, after a couple of days of no food at all, to my knowledge, (it could have been longer but I didn't notice she was poorly until she puffed up and lost complete interest), she has started eating a little scrambled egg mixed with corn flour and a tiny bit of honey. She's also eating a little corn. I think she's turned a corner, today she drank water by herself. I had to clean her up a bit because the honey made her sticky. She's not puffed up anymore and she is showing co-ordination and interest in her surroundings. Now I need to build her up. This is new to me, so not sure if I am doing the right thing, but I am certain she would have died if I hadn't have coaxed her to drink and eat.

UPDATE ON PRETTY GIRL: just as I was preparing to tube feed, she ate a little. Not much, but some. Yesterday a little oatmeal, spinach and watermelon. (I ground up her pellets, but she’s not touching that still.) Like two bites each, but she ate. Her poop was less watery today and had some dark parts (instead of all white water). She is not back from death’s door, but I see hope. I will try her on cooked chicken again today. I have been trying to figure this out. I got termite bait boxes planted all the way into the ground that are locked and covered with dirt. I wondered that if it rained enough could the water get some termite poison that came to the surface. This whole thing has baffled me.

Back
Top Bottom