Very Watery White Poop

PrimroseMom1

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 23, 2012
Baton Rouge, LA
What do you think?

Sorry, I couldn’t figure out how to iníciate a new post. My hen hasn’t been eating for a week. (Obviously she is eating something or she’s be dead, but VERY little and I think she will die if I can’t figure this out). I brought her inside about four days ago in a wire dog kennel so I can exactly see her poop and what’s she’s eating. Her poop is very watery and white and hasn’t really changed. I attached a photo after it dried a little. I have offered these things just to get her to eat: ground her pellets and wet, chick food, dried soldier flies, mashed cooked yams, yogurt, arugula, spinach, rice, cooked chicken, cooked eggs, raw eggs. I added sav-a-chick to her water with probiotics and electrolytes. She’s not eating. She leans in like she will eat it then doesn’t. I tried the possible vets to have her poop analyzed. No luck. No obvious worms in her poop. Not egg bound. Not sour crop. Her crop has been just about empty since I discovered this a week ago.
Her poop is much more like water. This had dried a bit.
1628280863603.jpeg

She is probably starving to death.
Your vet should be able to show you how to tube feed her.

She is probably starving to death.
Your vet should be able to show you how to tube feed her.
Thank you, but, unfortunately not. I couldn’t even find one to run a test in her poop. I could take her to the LSU Vet School but it would be hundreds of dollars. I don’t have that right now.

Thank you, but, unfortunately not. I couldn’t even find one to run a test in her poop. I could take her to the LSU Vet School but it would be hundreds of dollars. I don’t have that right now.
If she does start getting regular nutrition she will die soon.
Would you like to learn how to tube feed her yourself?

Read the first few posts here.

Know that If she hasn't been eating already for a week or close to it there may not be a wait to save her.
There is a reason why she's not eating.
I only suggest tube feeding so you could potentially keep her alive to figure out what the real problem is although it may not be possible to figure out.

Back
Top Bottom