Very Worried, Overdue Egg Need Expert Opinion

If there is any one thing of which I am certain, it's of the due dates. The eggs were just laid on different days.

If there is any one thing of which I am certain, it's of the due dates. The eggs were just laid on different days.

never heard of a chick hatching .at 14 days before. makes me want to research what the shortest incubation time was from set to hatch with chicken eggs.
idunno.gif

Just to emphasize. Not a lot of fluid by any means, but I can tell it's there.

I'm sorry but at this stage I think that there is very little chance of having a live chick from that egg. It either drowned or will as soon as it tries to make the internal pip.
I had a few do that when I had too much humidity.

never heard of a chick hatching .at 14 days before. makes me want to research what the shortest incubation time was from set to hatch with chicken eggs. :idunno

None of them hatched at fourteen days.

They were just laid on different dates and have different due dates....

I'm sorry but at this stage I think that there is very little chance of having a live chick from that egg. It either drowned or will as soon as it tries to make the internal pip.
I had a few do that when I had too much humidity.

That seems feasible...

ok read your post again. you still have one to hatch I thought I read a week early not real bright sometimes. so the middle egg didn't hatch I'm guessing . is it still under the hen and is the hen still on the nest.

No it did not hatch sadly.

Did an eggtopsy. Malpositioned. Its head was under its leg... It just got stuck. Yolk sac almost completely absorbed which was impressive.

And so no, the dud isn't under the hen, but the hen is on the last egg which is due soon for a pipping!

No it did not hatch sadly.

Did an eggtopsy. Malpositioned. Its head was under its leg... It just got stuck. Yolk sac almost completely absorbed which was impressive.

And so no, the dud isn't under the hen, but the hen is on the last egg which is due soon for a pipping!

I'm sorry it didn't hatch.....poor thing was ready just got stuck. I hope the other little on hatches for tou.

Back
Top Bottom