Vet is stumped! Why are my hens having so much trouble??

Pics
E7325C2A-5BAB-49D4-983D-F4CAE4474D54.jpeg

Any reason this won’t work?? It’s all I could find in liquid at wal mart. They didn’t go for the crushed tablets. At all! If this liquid is okay, now much per hen per day?
Thank you!!!
If I were going to use that I would give ~1.5 ml per pound orally once or twice a day.

So to double check my numbers. If my chickens weight about 6lb 5oz (6.3125 lb) then 1.5 ml x 6.3125 lb would be 9.47. Did I get that right?
Yeah, 8-9 ml is mine. Or you could go get the tablet form and give that instead. *-9 ml is a lot of liquid to give orally if you don't have a lot of experience doing it. Will they eat a mash? You could give it that way too.

Yeah, 8-9 ml is mine. Or you could go get the tablet form and give that instead. *-9 ml is a lot of liquid to give orally if you don't have a lot of experience doing it. Will they eat a mash? You could give it that way too.
You’re right it’s quite a bit, I just mixed it in with yogurt & they were going to town on it when I left. Will try some mash tomorrow morning bc they loved it this morning when I did it.

Oh, and double check my math! I calculated that there is 500 mg calcium per 15 ml, which is about 33 mg calcium per ml. The amount of calcium I give is ~45 mg per pound (100 mg/kg is the actual number I use). Anyway, just double check 'cause, I do make errors. :oops:

Oh, and double check my math! I calculated that there is 500 mg calcium per 15 ml, which is about 33 mg calcium per ml. The amount of calcium I give is ~45 mg per pound (100 mg/kg is the actual number I use). Anyway, just double check 'cause, I do make errors. :oops:
I always double check mine too. ;) Gosh I hope it’s okay that I left both bowls in there with both hens & one didn’t eat too much of it. They typically don’t do that but they ate it All! It just hit me that might be a bad idea. Oh I hate that feeling! Any potential problems from that if they eat extra one time? That’s why I never do things in a hurry!!

Back
Top Bottom