Victor or victim who for dinner?

feyhope

In the Brooder
Mar 9, 2017
I have three Peking 2 female/ 1 male and three ruen 2 male /1 female
The 1 male ruen is ripping off feathers of the other. It I getting so bad my dog goes after both males to stop it. Neither ruen is bloodied from the dog, just the victim is getting a sore spot at the base of the neck from the other male ruen.
So do I cull the aggressor (he is big and plump) and hope the pekin drake doesn't go after the vIctim drake. Or do I cull the victim drake even though he is skinny hoping the aggressor drake doesn't get tougher on the female ruen?

No, one or the other is going for either dinner or dog food I am not rehoming it.
Thanks

I have three Peking 2 female/ 1 male and three ruen 2 male /1 female
The 1 male ruen is ripping off feathers of the other. It I getting so bad my dog goes after both males to stop it. Neither ruen is bloodied from the dog, just the victim is getting a sore spot at the base of the neck from the other male ruen.
So do I cull the aggressor (he is big and plump) and hope the pekin drake doesn't go after the vIctim drake. Or do I cull the victim drake even though he is skinny hoping the aggressor drake doesn't get tougher on the female ruen?

No, one or the other is going for either dinner or dog food I am not rehoming it.
Thanks
Having three drakes and three ducks is a recipe for ducksaster! You need at least three ducks for one drake, better would be four. So as a solution, keep the males and females separated for now and order 10 female ducklings…

Can't you keep one or the other in a cage for a week and see what happens before you decide?

I love duck as a meal but all I can get where I live is frozen solid and called mature duck. I tried it, but it was good for nothing but stock. Even cooking it low and slow it was tough.
Pressure cooker! - Helped us with an old layer-chicken.

Back
Top Bottom