Vinegar, LOL

I like the idea of this type of fly trap because my 2 year old loves to get into things -- anything like the idea of spraying ants with Pam, or putting grits in their ant hills is welcome around here.

Humm, must have missed those, do you have links to those threads? The chickens eat ants, but they don't always find the ones that I want gone!​

How close to the liquid should the bottle top be? Mine have been out for a couple of days now and I haven't caught very many yet. I'm wondering if it should be closer to the liquid.

Quote:
Most times you don't want alot of liquid in there, and when you start collecting flies, just keep the liquid above the dead flies at the botton.
Mine works best one to two feet from the ground in mostly sun. I kinda shake it up every day. I think mine was up for 5 days before it became a hotel, LOL

Quote:
Humm, must have missed those, do you have links to those threads? The chickens eat ants, but they don't always find the ones that I want gone!

I've got to look for the one about Pam on ants, but my Mom is the one who told me to sprinkle the quick cook grits on ant hills, they eat the grits and apparently they swell and kill them.

I'm not entirely sure where she heard about that, but we have ant hills like no one's business around here, so I tried it and it works pretty well. No chemicals, no worrying about having to wash your hands or a smell being left, and whatever you don't feed the ants you can eat for breakfast
lol.png

I used instant grits on my patio. The ants had a trail around a rug, I sprinkled some on their trail, and a bit under the rug, and they devoured it. It took 2 weeks till I didn't see any more ants, but within those 2 weeks, I saw less and less. It does work.

Back
Top Bottom