Violated terms terms of use??? Photobucket is just really stupid!

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
I just went onto my Photobucket account,, haven't been on it for awhile. I discovered a bunch of my photos have been removed because they violated there terms of use,,, these were pictures of chickens???? How do my chickens violate their terms of use?? They weren't mating,, or doing anything obscene... do they just hate chickens? The video of Cheepers being wiped out by his brother the duck was removed,, a rooster being run over by a duck upset someone?
I emailed them and asked why these photos were removed and got a pretty quick answer: When photos are removed from an account it is usually because there has been a complaint concerning the content of the photograph. So I emailed them back and asked how many people have to complain before a photo is removed,, 1. So if one person decides to complain about your photos you can lose everything you have on photobucket if they go through clicking report, report, report,,,,

Oh and 3 photos that were removed?? They were of my son graduating Basic Training.

oh my goodness. i think some people complain just to complain..

i just made my duckies a facebook account LOL a lot of my facebook friends do have account for their ducks.. and i saw that if someone complains then animals can't have their own accounts. i don't see how that hurts anyone.

i don't see how your photos hurt anyone either. that is so stupid

That's Photobucket for you.
old.gif

It's mind boggling!!! I've been cruising through to see what else might be gone and it's funny, the video of my huge roo Tanker being challenged by little LaRoo the banty is still on there,, they were fighting,, well more like dancing because the banty kept running under Tanker. I was going to add a bunch of pictures on there because my Gold Feather runs out pretty soon and I will not enough picture storage.. I'm just going to delete a bunch on here and work with that,, I won't be using Photobucket if possible after that.

Quote:
You DO know there is that new Platinum feather membership right? With unlimited photo storage? I am gonna juggle some bills so I can get one. I want my name to be red and I LOVE being able to change my title at any given time.

Cant you just set your photobucket account to private? So that way unless they have the guest password no one can access pics/vids.

Quote:
Yes, you can do that. My photos are all set to private. If people can't see them, they can't report them. (not that I have anything bad on there; just don't want anyone using my pics)

Last edited:
Quote:
Stupid me,, I kept it open because I trust people and I know friends who look at what I put up and stuff to see new babies or whatever. I have to lock it now and I doubt I will ever put anything else up on it.

Back
Top Bottom