Violete Peafowl

Allô Jacky, priez de m'excuser, suis très pressé avec les choses de ma famille. J'ai encore des jeunes chez moi, malgré être vielle
roll.png

@AugeredIn , Jack says he is familiar with crossing over, having encountered it in breeding canaries. And that peach provides such an example as well.

Now, my first question for both of you is, there seems to be so much confusion about these colors that I'm wondering if we can have a clearer basis for the discussion? Although it may be that this discussion is fundamental to clarifying the situation
hu.gif

Jacky, il y a tant de confusion sur ces couleurs je me demande si c'est possible de fait claire ce qu'on discute? Mais je connais que ce peut être doit discuter pour clarifier...

It seems to me that there is much confusion over the colors variously called "purple" and "violet/violete/violette." There is a color in the US which we commonly call "purple" -- a few days ago, @connerhills (post #42) mentioned two different groups of purples, one lighter, one darker. And we are discussing a European "violet" and then George has his spectacular Sonja's violette... It is just about impossible to tell whether we are talking about birds even with the same colors
he.gif
(and let's not forget sun bleaching and fading!)

And that's all before we get into discussions about photoshopping of bird pictures, which complicates figuring these things out, and which seems to have rendered the discussion of these colors on the French forum into a literal free for all -- not something that I would care to participate in here
smack.gif
I started trying to wade through all the posts on the French forum, but haven't had time to finish yet. But quite the tiff.

Anyone have any idea how many "purple" and "violet" colors are actually out there? Or is the question itself wrong? Is it that the cross over is replicating genetic code in such a way that some birds just end up with more copies, which changes the appearance or intensifies it or mutes it?

I'm going to send this now, and translate my questions next post.
Only by cross breeding will you know if the colors are the same or different. Until that is done, we will just continue to argue. I think what they have is probably different than purple or violette. I hope it is. It looks like it maintains true color under any light. Puprle and violette do not.

When combining purple and cameo I believe what you get is:

Purple Male IB/IB:Xp/Xp
Cameo Hen IB/IB:Xc/Y

IB:Xp
IB:Xc IB/IB:Xp/Xc
IB:Y IB/IB:Xp/Xc

You get peach from crossover:

IB:Xp IB:Xc IB:Xcp
IB:Xc IB/IB:Xp/Xc IB/IB:Xc/Xc IB/IB:Xcp/Xc
IB:Y IB/IB:Xp/Y IB/IB:Xc/Y IB/IB:Xcp/Y

Red indicates that crossover occurred. I had this wrong the first time.

IB/IB:Xcp/Y is of course a peach hen. It is easy to see how sex linked birds appear first as hens because the mutation only needs to occur on one x chromosome.

The same would hold true when breeding any sex linked color.

Last edited:
Maybe a stupid question!
In this case Pavo Cristatus there are spontaneous mutations, several mutations of the purple color range might appear?
There is a choice!

We know that Pavo Cristatus will never produce all color of the rainbow!
Peacocks are not parrots!

Is there more than one Opal mutation ?

Last edited:
Yes, Dany12, it is entirely possible that there are multiple shades of purple.

It is also entirely possible there are multiple shades of other colors. I am pretty certain that peach comes in multiple flavors due to different cross over events.

Sooner or later you will get a mutation in green birds.

Explanation trials

Blue

Black melanin granules refer the Blue radiation

Purple and Violet
Note that in these two mutations melanin is not black but Brown
So BLUE +. BROWN = Purple or Violet
Little brown melanin granules = Purple (purple single factor)
Many brown melanin granules = purple (purple double factor)

N.B: I said explanations Trials !!!!!!

Jack . Also notice the Trane colors as well when comparing the Sonja's Violete to the purples .. thanks connerhills

Back
Top Bottom