Violet's only companion died today - and it's freezing

One other thing I was thinking about/ can you put out 3 feeders so there is no squabbling over food? I just went through an issue with my lowest-in-the-pecking-order girl being driven off her food and loosing weight. I found that what helped is being sure there were multiple places to eat.

So far so good! Violet and Matilda (the red) are getting along fine. Not fighting over anything. Could this be merely a honeymoon period, or is this a good sign? Also, Violet had stopped eating; now she seems to be eating.

At this point there seems to be no squabbling over anything! I have a second dish ready for when I serve up the mash, however.

Sounds good to me! I've been stalking this site all morning to see how this worked out for you :)

Also, your little pair looks just like my two oldest girls (my husband calls them the "OCs"- original chickens)- they are a Barred Rock and a Rhode Island Red (creatively named Black and White and Red):

Keep us posted on how things are going.

They do look like yours! And like yours, our two are a bit older. Thank you for the ovation! I am not sure what it means, but it feels nice! (is is a play on words "ova" tion?)

That's great news!
thumbsup.gif

Since you only introduced one chicken there isn't really a lot of competition, so I think they should carry on getting along together. It's also good that Violet's started eating properly again - proof that she was feeling lonely, and that she is happy to have a new friend
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom