Virgin Hatcher on Day 19

Thanks everyone!! I am so incredibly nervous that something is wrong since I can't hear them yet and they aren't moving. Day 20 starts in 3 hours!!

I have 20 Welsummers and 6 Americauna mixes. I don't know what they are mixed with so it will be a surprise. These chicks are my new flock because while we were building our house we were renting a house down the road and someone stole my chickens from our rental : (

Well first I am sorry someone stole your chickens!!!!!! that is just wrong
somad.gif
I know how nervous you can get!!!!!!! Nothing is wrong, they may not pip still day 21 or 22!
bow.gif
so just sit back , sit on those hands
pop.gif
wait and don't open the incubator!!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you
fl.gif

Well first I am sorry someone stole your chickens!!!!!! that is just wrong
somad.gif
I know how nervous you can get!!!!!!! Nothing is wrong, they may not pip still day 21 or 22!
bow.gif
so just sit back , sit on those hands
pop.gif
wait and don't open the incubator!!!!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you
fl.gif

Thank you so much!! You're right I really do need to sit on my hands! Its so tempting, but I won't open it anymore
big_smile.png

I still don't have any movement or any sound at all coming from them. Should I start to worry now? Its day 20 and tonight will be the start of day 21
sad.png

My husband had to leave for work at 5am and he woke me up because two of my EEs have pipped!! Yay!! I'm so excited! Thank you so much for your help!!

My husband had to leave for work at 5am and he woke me up because two of my EEs have pipped!! Yay!! I'm so excited! Thank you so much for your help!!

ALL RIGHT!!!
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
NOW YOU GET TO SIT BACK AND WATCH THEM HATCH!
jumpy.gif

but keep in mind, it can take 24 hours from pip to zip! I have had eggs take a whole day to get out of the egg!!!! So, sit on those hands
old.gif
and don't open that incubator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep us posted
clap.gif

This thread is comforting to me. I am on day 20. Last night, ONE of my eggs was rolling around. Since this morning, it hasn't moved a bit. I've been sitting by the incubator with my nose (literally) pressed against the window trying to determine if the little egg is moving. Wondering if I did something wrong and killed it.

My broody hen is on day 20, too. I saw that one of her eggs hasn't hatched yet, but she's sitting tight and won't let me see anything else. I checked for fertility a few days ago, so it WAS a good egg recently. I guess I just need to be patient.

I get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, and I'm all paranoid that I'll miss the hatching process, or that my husband won't take care of things properly while I'm out of it.

Back
Top Bottom