VIRGINIA POULTRY SWAP For July 11

bishopschickens

Songster
11 Years
May 23, 2008
Cumberland, VA
We are organizing a chicken swap for July 11 at the Tractor Supply Co. in Powhatan, VA.

This will be from 8-2. There will be a raffle for $100 worth of animal feed. This helps us cover advertising costs.

Come to buy or come to sell. All Poultry and small animals welcome. Rabbits, sheep, goats or anything smaller. The only request is that you clean up after them and they must be fully caged or penned.

The Address is 2470 Anderson Highway, Powhatan, VA 23139.

We have done four amazing swaps here this year. We do extensive advertising to get as many buyers as possible for those of you interested in selling.

I would like to have a count of interested sellers for spacing purposes. Setup is free.

Last edited:
If you are coming, what are your brining, or what are you looking for.

I will have
BLRW,
Black Copper Marans,
Blue Marans,
Light Brahma
Giant Partridge Cochins
Red Pyle Cubalaya
Barred Rock,
The above are all chicks or started

Two Pairs of Bantam Langshan
One pair of Cream Brabanters

I went to one at the feed store in Powhatan a while back, but there had been a mix up and there was also one at the Tractor Supply: Wasn't really anybody there! I was just wondering how many do you think will be there? Do they get alot of foot traffic? I'm from Louisa and it's a pretty long drive but I am absolutely over run with birds!

I could bring:

Silkies (chicks, started, and over 3 months)
A few blue/black/splash orps
Call ducks
Guinnies
Some chuckars

Please let me know how the last one went!

The ones at the Powhatan Tractor Supply always do VERY well. We average 12 - 20 sellers each time.

I've heard of at least a dozen people coming to set up tomorrow. It's also been advertised on Craigslist and the area radio stations.

Is this a good place to sell roosters?
idunno.gif

Yes it is, I know of at least two people looking for a lot of roosters for a decent price. I have called in this morning for The Trading Post and have us on the Coffee Chat radio stations for buyers and also all over craigslist and other sites. There are a lot of buyers at this event. We have also been handing out flyers at Tractor Supply and put up flyers all over town. This is our forth swap there this year and they keep getting bigger.

I have a couple of RIR/Prod Red roos (about 3 mos old) that need new homes, as well as a couple of EE/Ameraucana roos (about 2 mos old). If I can rehome them, I can get a couple more pullets.

hide.gif
Shhhh! Don't tell my husband I'm getting the pullets! LOL

ETA: Or maybe a couple of guineas??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom