Virginia

I am in need of a young duckling 1 week old or less. I found a duckling in the woods behind my house cold and crying. I have a broody runner duck that has been sitting on eggs for over a month, under a wood pile. She must of hatched this little duck and then left the nest to get some food and while she was gone the duckling wondered away. I have the duckling in the house with my chicks and it is doing great. I just know that it is going to be lonely without a friend. I have candled all the other eggs and none of them are any good. I have not started incubating duck eggs yet so I will not have any hatching any time soon. I live in Louisa near Zion X Roads.

Lorie

Good luck finding a duckling Lorie. You can put the little fellow in with some standard chicks until you can find one, otherwise he will start thinking you are his mom if he is left alone.Poor little guy.

Thanks, The duckling is with my chicks but I had to switch out the medicated food in the box because the duckling can't have it.

Lorie

Yea,they can't have med.feed. I can't think of anybody that would have babies .Maybe try Karen (luvinmypeeps) Or Lisa (crazyfowllady) her's would be calls but you like them also.They could be breeding for the swaps.

Quote:Originally Posted by Barred Rocker

Well, I just hatched a batch of Rhode Island Reds at Christmas. I'm going to wait about 6 -8 weeks and hatch some German line New Hampshires and then probably Delawares.

If you have any extra New Hampshire's this year I would be interested in them. And I have 5 breeds of Ducks so if you wanted to trade it could be arranged
wink.png

So what breeds are here in VA?

I raise *Standard Chickens- Black Australorps, New Hampshires, Welsummers, BC Marans, Easter Eggers, Ameracaunas & Dominiques, *Bantam Chickens- Cochins, Belgian D'Anvers & Welsummers, * Ducks- Mallards, White Muscovies, Welsh Harliquins, Silver Appleyards & White Pekins, *Geese, *Guineas and *Heritage Narragansett Turkeys

HI All, New to his site. Gonna get my coop built in march. Might anyone know of breeders in the blacksburg, roanoke, new river valley area. thanks all....

Thanks for the welcome. Might anyone know where to get pullets from? I am in the Floyd/Blacksburg area. I can order them from Tractor Supply, or several places, but I don't want 25 chickens.
I would like to get a few Ameracuan, Leghorn and ?????.......I don't mind ordering/shipping/driving to pick them up within reason, just don't think as a new chicken person I want to deal with 25 pullets or adult chickens. My coop is going to be 4x8 and the run is 12x8 so that is bout big enough for 8 or so I think, any input is appreciated and taken in consideration. Thank you all again.
Scot

Back
Top Bottom