Virginia

mugs...where are u getting chicks from retail or mail order? I'm waiting till the 27th to get some from tsc it seems to be the only option other then ordering on line and most of the hatcheries require like 15-25 birds or the shipping is crazy $.

I am actually getting some of my birds started (anywhere from 8 to 12 weeks old.) from Kenny Newton. He posts on craigslist all the time. and lives about an hour from my house and will deliver to petersburg. But for chicks..... I am not sure yet. I am thinking that my farm supply store down the street from my house (Agri supply) might get them. But I am not for sure. I may just get them from tsc as well.

Hey shane
You can order from Mypetchicken.com, they will do a smaller order, and the shipping is like 35, not bad if you only want 10 chicks, or you can go to Tractor Supply, I know there is one in Gloucester, they get their chicks in like mar 2, i am by far no expert, my chicks are coming, just info I have gathered thus far.
scot

Back from my cruise today and was happy to see alot of eggs when I got home
big_smile.png
. The eggs in my incubator are doing great and some should be hatching Thursday.Just set some more tonight.Going to pick up a hatcher tomorrow and ordering another incubator tomorrow also !!!!!!!! Spring is right around the corner

Hi all, well I think I lost it today LOL. I ordered 15 Dorking Hen chicks and 5 Dorking Males, and I ordered 2 Phoenix hens and 1 male plus 2 pearl white leg horns...hope I made a good decesion, also I still want to get some swedish flower hens....I ordered them from Murray McMuarry hatchery, was this a good Idea. any input would be appreciated...

My first order was from Murray McMurray - all the chicks survived shipping and grew up fine. Sounds like you are learning the basics of chicken math!
lol.png

Yeah I'm just gonna wait until Feb 27th. the tsc in williamsburg will have chicks in then. By the the time i order from a hatchery and they get here I might as well wait until there at the store and save on shipping. I'm pretty sure Agra-supply will have chicks..they have everything else.

Back
Top Bottom