Virginia

I am looking for some female turkeys spanish blacks. i am in elkton near harrisonburg. any one know where I could find some nearby?
thanks.

The only thing you need to be carefull about buying from feed stores is sometimes they dont know what breed they have or some kid will pick up a cornish cross and put it in with white rocks or leghorns. You can usually tell but I've seen folks buy chicks they thought were one breed and turned out to be something else.

Yeah i agree w/ not getting what u think your getting. That's why I was originally planning to go w/ Jamestown feed & seed in Norge because they know there stuff more so then TSC. However they will not have any chicks until early April. TSC gets chicks Feb.27. I need the birds to be big enough to go out and into the coop by April because were going out of town for awhile. So u see my time jam here!

Yeah i agree w/ not getting what u think your getting. That's why I was originally planning to go w/ Jamestown feed & seed in Norge because they know there stuff more so then TSC. However they will not have any chicks until early April. TSC gets chicks Feb.27. I need the birds to be big enough to go out and into the coop by April because were going out of town for awhile. So u see my time jam here!

Yeah by the time they're 4 weeks old they can pretty much take care of themselves. 360 Hardware sells chicks also however I don't have a clue when they'll get them in. If you have any interest in delawares or New Hampshires just let me know. I'll be putting 75 - 80 eggs in the incubator this weekend due on march 3.

Hi Scot. I am from Fincastle. I searched for someone in our local pick up area but was told I would have to go through Tractor Supply or Southern States. I have to wait until the 1st of May to get chicks as we will be away most of April. Well, unfortunately SS and TS have them from March -mid April, I placed an order through Meyer Hatchery to arrive the first week of May. I ordered 8 and i think perhaps i ordered a few too many. I wish there had been a local source. I have been reading so many horror stories of shipments arriving dead or too stressed from shipment they pass on shortly after. So I kinda figured if I order 8 perhaps half might make it.
There is a lady in Catawba here on the site (Ailurophile23) (Karen) who says she might have some.
Good luck....Kay

I am looking for some female turkeys spanish blacks. i am in elkton near harrisonburg. any one know where I could find some nearby?
thanks.

your avatar is scary. hope you get that turkey dinner soon. sheesh
wink.png

we also raise chicks from the breeds listed below if anyone needs a few. we will be at gilmanor this year with some nice birds. also have beagle rabbit dogs, akc.

Last edited:
Gilmanor? is that in Glenn Allan near Richmond? could you give me more info on that? It looked like a bird man to me that's why i chose it. LOL

your avatar is scary. hope you get that turkey dinner soon. sheesh
wink.png

we also raise chicks from the breeds listed below if anyone needs a few. we will be at gilmanor this year with some nice birds. also have beagle rabbit dogs, akc.

Gilmanor is on Rt 33 about 6 miles west of 295. He has 2 swaps a year and they are HUGE.
Plan to get there early. The May one should be sometime around May 19th. Last year it was on May 21.

Back
Top Bottom