Virginia

Pics
D'Angelo N Va. :

oh that sounds cool. I am thinking about the Copper Marans as well. do you know where you will get them from? I have seen one hatchery that sells them, but I am also thinking about buying some eggs from the byc ppl. I might try Buck Eyes also. I am ordering an incubator the first of next week also. I was thinking about trying Peacocks...what is your idea on that?

I have a friend, acutally my wifes hairdresser, who has a couple of peacocks and she's trying her best to talk me into raising them. I haven't really decided, my plans are big enough for this year. Along with expanding my Barred Rock and Buff Orpington flock and the Bob White Quail. I'm planning a flock of BCMs and Delawares as well as some ducks and maybe a few guinies. I'm contemplating some mille fleur d'uccles and coronation sussex but I'm scared of overextending myself plus I'm seriously thinking about ordering 25 cornish X chicks from a hatchery and processing them to see how it goes (my wife isn't too crazy about that idea). So I'm probably at risk of being called the chicken man over here in St. Stephens Church
lol.png
btw, I have a bunch of mixed breeds I'm trying to part with if you know anyone that wants any.​

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a friend, acutally my wifes hairdresser, who has a couple of peacocks and she's trying her best to talk me into raising them. I haven't really decided, my plans are big enough for this year. Along with expanding my Barred Rock and Buff Orpington flock and the Bob White Quail. I'm planning a flock of BCMs and Delawares as well as some ducks and maybe a few guinies. I'm contemplating some mille fleur d'uccles and coronation sussex but I'm scared of overextending myself plus I'm seriously thinking about ordering 25 cornish X chicks from a hatchery and processing them to see how it goes (my wife isn't too crazy about that idea). So I'm probably at risk of being called the chicken man over here in St. Stephens Church
lol.png
btw, I have a bunch of mixed breeds I'm trying to part with if you know anyone that wants any.

That is too funny. I too am going to order some guineas this year. I have some of the Mille Fleur D'Uccles. They are great. if you want, I can get you some of their eggs this summer. I want to incubate some of them also, but they are great layers, so I'll have plenty to share.

big_smile.png

Cacklin" Hens :

Im in Franklin VA

well welcome... i'll buy some fertile eggs from you when it warms up or we can trade ! either one.. would love royal palms.... keep in touch! also do u get fertile guinea eggs... i soooo want more of these>>>>> and so does my dad.....please tell me when they are all laying...
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
Howdy Countrychics, I'm in Nathalie! I think I've seen the sign in your avatar in my travels.
An emu! How cool! Got a pic?

Hello, also a Virginian...We breed and show Dogs, Horses/Ponies and Cattle. We also raise Longhaired mini faintin goats, african hair sheep and lots of poultry. WE breed Naked Necks Standard size in Reds, Whites, Black, Barred and Blue. Small flock of Mottled Javas... Showgirls in White, Black, Blue, Splash and Buff. Geese, tufted romans in White, Buff and splash. Tufted French Toulouse. And one pet Emu. Check out our Website www.bayshorekennel.com, we live in Toms Brook in the Shenandoah Valley. J.Frank Baylis of Bayshore Kennels and Farms

Quote:
well welcome... i'll buy some fertile eggs from you when it warms up or we can trade ! either one.. would love royal palms.... keep in touch! also do u get fertile guinea eggs... i soooo want more of these>>>>> and so does my dad.....please tell me when they are all laying...
jumpy.gif

I do hatch guineas and have fertile eggs. My Royal Palm hen will start laying this spring

currently have my eyes on a place in scott county VA with 6 acres, if we can figure out the financing!!!

i know i couldnt get any further south lol but in general the state seems absolutly stunning!

Hi everyone. I live in southwest VA in Bristol. I hope to raise a lot of show japanese bantams this year. i got the breeders last fall. Anybody local to me email me. Especially if you have jap bantams.
Thanks
Danny

Back
Top Bottom