Virginia

Pics
Quote:
big_smile.png
welcome.. very familiar with mechanicsville....... glad youre here with us! on byc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

Same here - Mechanicsville is about 30 minutes or so away!

x2

Quote:
emu love greens, lettuce, cabbage, salad greens,apples, grapes, you name it, he eats scrambled eggs, i give emu a turkey feed, just a tad less protein than chicken feed, a finisher feed of sorts, and he likes cracked corn and oats..lol, just a big chicken!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have baby emu for sale for 50.00 each and still taking orders in the bator, if you have anyone interested?? let us know.....thanks, dana
caf.gif
there's no EMU smily up top to choose from? lol
idunno.gif

Of course I'm interested! But I'll want to do a ton of research to learn proper care......I've rescued
too many chickens from people that just buy cute chicks with no idea what's involved, I don't want to
be one of them. Maybe when it's convenient for you I could stop by (if it ever stops snowing!) and
see yours?

Quote:
they really are sweet.. im holding one in a blanket now,,just like a baby... but actually a big baby chicken, they just need more exercise, and wanna stay warm and dry.. just like everyone else.... as a mexican worker told me once, for lack of knowing more (better) english..... HE POINTED TO THE EMU AND SAID " BIG CHICKEN-BIG CHICKEN"... WE ALL FELL OUT LAUGHING, and have gotten soooo many laughs since!... go to youtube and search on emu baby , emu hatching, etc...you can learn it all on you tube.. and they run really fast ... thanks for the post!!!!!!!!!!!
yuckyuck.gif

I'm in Oakton, VA. Northern Va, near DC. We have one dominique roo and two hens that just started laying, a white hen and a dominique. And 6 young hens still under the heat lamp in the barn.
Looking forward to getting the chickens back outside. They've been "cooped up" for over a week with all this snow!!!

Hello! We just bought 13 acres in Loudon County and are quite new to this. Looking forward to getting to know you all and absorbing as much knowledge as possible before we get our chickens.
Best,
Elizabeth

Back
Top Bottom