D.gif
jumpy.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

What breeds do you have?

Hi there,

You are a few hours away from me, you live in a beautiful part of Virginia (as do I
smile.png
)

I started back in 2008 with RSL or Red Stars. We had a RIR rooster given to us, but later rehomed him because he was far to aggressive with us. In March 2009, we got 25 babies from McMurray and we got

Delaware
Barred Rocks
White Giants
Aracauna
Hamburg
and to replace our RIR we got 1 White Leghorn

What kind of chickens do you have?

We have a total of 39 chickens in the above combined.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

What breeds do you have?

Hi there,

You are a few hours away from me, you live in a beautiful part of Virginia (as do I
smile.png
)

I started back in 2008 with RSL or Red Stars. We had a RIR rooster given to us, but later rehomed him because he was far to aggressive with us. In March 2009, we got 25 babies from McMurray and we got

Delaware
Barred Rocks
White Giants
Aracauna
Hamburg

I have:

Blue Anduluasians

Black Copper Marans

California Whites

Rhode Island Reds

Astrolorps

Barred Rocks

Buff Orpingtons

Dominiques

Americanas

Wellsummer

Sussex

Red Sex Link

Black Stars

Red Stars

White Leghorn

What are the temperaments of:
Aracauna?
Hamburg?

Me and a friend are getting some chicks from Murry McMurry this spring!! Are you happy with your Murry McMurry birds?

Matthew

Quote:
Hi!! I to am from Roanoke, we are in the Monterey/Breckenridge middle school, school district! We have Buff orpingtons, a buff rock and a silver spangled hamburg! What breeds do you have??

Quote:
Hi there,

smile.png
)

Delaware
Barred Rocks
White Giants
Aracauna
Hamburg

I have:

Blue Anduluasians

Black Copper Marans

California Whites

Rhode Island Reds

Astrolorps

Barred Rocks

Buff Orpingtons

Dominiques

Americanas

Wellsummer

Sussex

Red Sex Link

Black Stars

Red Stars

White Leghorn

What are the temperaments of:
Aracauna?
Hamburg?

Me and a friend are getting some chicks from Murry McMurry this spring!! Are you happy with your Murry McMurry birds?

Matthew

Wow you sure do have a lot more than I do!

I am not sure but I think the aracauna and americana is the same chicken (mine lays blueish colored eggs) I think they are actually EE's. I truly love mine whatever they are. We ordered with my husband's boss and we got 25 and his boss got like 5 or 6. He insisted on taking his as soon as getting them in the mail so of course he picked out my chickens and we got only one of the Americana/Aracauna/EE (whatever they are). Anyways we got his 2 Silver Spangled Hamburgs roosters and his 2 Silver Spangled Hamburg hens. We had ordered 1 Delaware rooster which we named Jack) and his boss go my other 3 aracaunas. I knew they weren't mine and I took such good care of mine and gave them the right food and babied them so to speak. He wanted his back and I wouldn't let him take them because he didn't care if they had the right food and mine were healthy and lord knows what he had.

Anyways we got rid of the 2 boys of his because they were a little much with my girls and tried to take down my Jack (that was supposed to be my only rooster)

I got 4 more araucauna from our local feed store to replace the ones that boss got. So I have 5 and there are only 2 that are very friendly and will let you pick them up and hold them. I was from McMurray and the other from the feed store.

the hamburgs are a little skittish and won't let you touch them and they run away if you get near them. I think they are beautiful chickens but would not choose them if ordering new ones again. I like to have them come up to me and peck at my leg and let me pick them up and hold them. But they are not aggressive or ugly acting at all. They lay a small white egg because they are a small hen.

I really want some Buff Orphingtons but my husband says we have to much now and won't let me get any right now. I hear they are a very sweet good natured chicken. Also heard that about the Marans as well. I wish I had picked out what we got last year, but I love my chickens (friendly or not)

I liked McMurray Hatchery. I did however find after we ordered that there are other hatcheries out there that don't have a minimum order of 25.
Lisa

MomtoSyd&Emma :

Quote:
Hi!! I to am from Roanoke, we are in the Monterey/Breckenridge middle school, school district! We have Buff orpingtons, a buff rock and a silver spangled hamburg! What breeds do you have??

Are the Buff Rock a purebreed or a mix? I love my Barred Rocks. I really want some Buff orpingtons, they are beautiful. Actually I haven't seen many that I don't love.​

Back
Top Bottom