Virginia

LOL - I am about 3.5 - 4 hours away from the Gilmanor swap 'n sell. I attended in Gilmanor in May for the first time. I also went to Sharpsburg in MD in June. While the Sharpsburg swap 'n sell is known to be a large event, Gilmanor was over four times the size of Sharpsburg!

As far as weather goes, the latest forecast here in NOVA indictes good weather to hold out until midafternoon with storms coming thereafter. Since Richmond is farther east, hopefully, the good weather will last longer for the Gilmanor meet.

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

and then some...

Wring that rain out on the mountains when you leave, Karen! Things are usually winding down by lunch time - maybe we'll get lucky.

I'll be there with a bunch of Euskal Oiloa (Basque) pullets that didn't make the cut for the Spanish SOP, but they still make wonderful sweet egglayers.

One Euskal Oiloa trio.

One dark egg laying pair (I can't call them BCMs...but hey - they came from dark eggs and could make a cool olive egger project)
...came out of these...

Some of my egg mutts, EO x BJG and BR x (EOxBJG)

Two EO x Silkie ornamentals

But wait! - there's moah!
big_smile.png

Have fun at Gilmanor everyone!! Good luck to those that are looking and those that are selling, have a wonderful day
D.gif
. I attended the Spring sale, could not buy of course but sure was fun. Loved meeting old and new faces, wish I could make it for the Fall sale.

Have fun at Gilmanor everyone!! Good luck to those that are looking and those that are selling, have a wonderful day
D.gif
. I attended the Spring sale, could not buy of course but sure was fun. Loved meeting old and new faces, wish I could make it for the Fall sale.

Wish you could come , FRF! We're headed your way next summer, think about when a good time will be... I'll post up on the other board to let Claire and LL be thinking about it too!

I'm already getting excited!!!
yesss.gif

I'm driving 2 hours from NC to attend Swap at Glen Allen. Got 2 nice silkie roosters and 3 month old silkie pairs. Here's the roo's. Should be there by 9am. DH has lot's of nursery plants including banana trees, gardenia's, etc.

i'm thinking we got there about 730 this last time and they were already filling up. got there about 8 the time before and almost didn't get a spot. planning for 7 this time hopefully. LOL

if you're not selling I think it starts around 8 ish.
Karen, roo boy is loaded up and I will see you early tomorrow!

I was born and raised in Virginia, I moved to NJ but just can't remove my good ol southern roots! I lived in many places in Augusta county right in the Shenendoah Valley most of which was in the Waynesboro area.

Back
Top Bottom