Virginia

brown leghorns are actually the same color variety as a black breasted red in other breeds (red Dorkings) so maybe that's what is being referred to? (IMO all leghorn varieties are mental for the most part, tho a few sane ones MIGHT happen now and then LOL)

yes, I have SFH, but had so many pages to catch up on, I missed the original question (pm me if you want)

and just as a FYI, I will be incubating starting the end of this month (if I get eggs from certain pens!) to hatch starting end of February. my breeds I'm concentrating on will be Silver Grey and Red Dorkings, SFH, BLRW and red and calico bantam Cochins. I will not be selling eggs right away, as I want to get a good hatch started early this year. years past I always sold the eggs then had nothing to hatch for myself when all the girls went broody. not this year.

I will also NOT be selling many chicks until they're 6-8 weeks old or more, as I want to be able to evaluate what I've got growing out. a few here and there maybe, especially if the color is off or something else makes them unusuable for my breeding pens (or I just have too many at that point LOL)

Leigh and I WILL be attending Gilmanor in the spring (first weekend of May).

Last edited:
brown leghorns are actually the same color variety as a black breasted red in other breeds (red Dorkings) so maybe that's what is being referred to?  (IMO all leghorn varieties are mental for the most part, tho a few sane ones MIGHT happen now and then LOL)

yes, I have SFH, but had so many pages to catch up on, I missed the original question (pm me if you want)

and just as a FYI, I will be incubating starting the end of this month (if I get eggs from certain pens!) to hatch starting end of February.  my breeds I'm concentrating on will be Silver Grey and Red Dorkings, SFH, BLRW and red and calico bantam Cochins.  I will not be selling eggs right away, as I want to get a good hatch started early this year. years past I always sold the eggs then had nothing to hatch for myself when all the girls went broody. not this year.

I will also NOT be selling many chicks until they're 6-8 weeks old or more, as I want to be able to evaluate what I've got growing out.  a few here and there maybe, especially if the color is off or something else makes them unusuable for my breeding pens (or I just have too many at that point LOL)

Leigh and I WILL be attending Gilmanor in the spring (first weekend of May).

Hi Karen, vpatt was intetested in SFH and who is selling.

Good, if Brown leghorns are just as funny as the white ones I will get 2 or 3 of them for my son. He thinks his 3 white ones are loopy. They made him smile.

This time around I am not keeping back any. The last 2+ years I have kept back way too many just because they were great specimens of their breed.
I kept back way too many.
Then I was giving away the best of the best just to downsize after it turned cold and I was switching over so much to make everything easier. Less breeds, less of each breed, & new breeds.

Hope all is going well for you.

Does anyone know when the TSC parkinglot Flock Swaps start back up in Wytheville(2nd Sat of month) and Martinsville(1st Sat)?
Is Pulaski(2nd) out of the loop now?
Salem/ Roanoke(3rd Sat of month) TSC?
Rocky Mount (4th Sat of the month)? What date do these start back up?

Last edited:
Does anyone know when the TSC parkinglot Flock Swaps start back up in Wytheville(2nd Sat of month) and Martinsville(1st Sat)?
Is Pulaski(2nd) out of the loop now?
Salem/ Roanoke(3rd Sat of month) TSC?
Rocky Mount (4th Sat of the month)? What date do these start back up?
I believe Roanoke and rocky mount in march and the others I don't know for sure, but maybe april? tsc gets chicks usually mid/end of March so it's around then.

I believe Roanoke and rocky mount in march and the others I don't know for sure, but maybe april?  tsc gets chicks usually mid/end of March so it's around then.
thank you for your info.
If anyone else knows more than us about other TSC please add.
I will phone around and post on this site when I hear exactly from
Managers.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom