Virginia

I have a moderate BTE garden, ~10,000 sqft give or take. Weather has me behind a bit in the maintenance of it (too wet, or too cold, both sometimes), but hoping to get all the pre-planting stuff done in the next couple of weeks. I started a few things indoors last week.

I like Baker Creek (www.rareseeds.com).
You should visit our gardening thread!

Has everyone had enough rain?
I built my chickens an ark. They say there isn’t enough space for me!

All winter long, egg production has been great. Now is when it drops. THIS is what they don’t like, rain all day and inches of mud. I let them out to free range for awhile though I don’t usually, just to get them out of the mud. Sure enough, all my layers are back in the nest today to say thank you.

Hi all! Looking for some eye-candy for your chicken yard? I am in Northern Virginia (Fairfax County), and I have two Bielefelder roosters I need to re-home. I chose this breed because they are big, very friendly, and gentle, and my last big rooster was a fantastic protector of our flock. However, the farm I ordered them from (Omega Hills) was kind enough to send me several extra. Unfortunately, I just do not have enough hens to keep that many roosters happy. I’m attaching a link with a description of the breed: https://greenfirefarms.com/bielefelder.html

If you are interested, let me know!

Bantam chicks available :)

I am hoping to order a variety of female bantam chicks but they only ship a minimum of 15 chicks. I am wondering if anyone is interested in splitting the order with me? I would like to keep 8 so there would be 7 available. Expected delivery date is March 19th. I am located in Powhatan. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom