Virginia

Hi from Staunton. Originally from Richmond. :welcome:frowI used to go camping at Gloucester Point. Loved visiting Yorktown and Williamsburg while camping down there. Hope you enjoy your time here. This is a great group of people. Lots to learn from them. Sounds like you've got quite an interesting flock going.:D

We've already been having what seems like monsoon weather. And, of course one of my girls has decided to go broody. No roo, no fertilized eggs, no reason/need for her to go broody. Just a major pain to try to be breaking a broody hen in this weather. Ugh!:he

We've already been having what seems like monsoon weather. And, of course one of my girls has decided to go broody. No roo, no fertilized eggs, no reason/need for her to go broody. Just a major pain to try to be breaking a broody hen in this weather. Ugh!:he

Probably came to the realization that nesting boxes are dry, lol. My girls have been wanting to hang out in the coop more than the run, even with part of my run being covered.
We had 1.5 inches of rain already over the weekend. More to come through the week until the deluge from the hurricane hits.

Moved the feeder out of the coop. With the new birds there's just not enough room. Realized this when the pullets are capable of getting on the roost, but the feeder was blocking. Took it out yesterday and 2 of the 3 pullets (rocks and orpington) were on the roost last night.

20180925_101456.jpg

Back
Top Bottom