Virginia

I had called but we decided to go ahead and get Lisi, this was back in February. I'm thinking either the pups had either not arrived yet or they had all been sold... can't remember, I called so many people
hide.gif
those 2 or 3 months. It had been almost a year since I lost my last dane and I was ready for another big goofy drooling mass of fur. While hubby prefers bassets, I love the mastiffs.

The South Hill swap is at the TSC, on the long side of the building. It gets a little crowded since there's no room to spread out like at the Franklin TSC. It's 8ish to 2ish, though some do get there earlier for a good spot. We normally make a day of it.
I'm about 98% positive Jimmy (he's usually the host) will be there with his bantam assortment (hamburgs, cochin, seramas) and there are usually a couple people there with tons of chicks.

Hey StonyCreekCC - welcome to BYC. I'm in Dinwiddie too - and funny enough - I just had an old shed delivered this weekend to be my new coop. It's HUGE and needs a lot of work, but I'm so excited.

You've got some lovely dogs. There is a guy on route 1 (near where it crosses Stoney Creek) that has 3 dogs who look very similar to yours - except they are all white. BIG lovely dogs. I see them out walking alot.

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I'm in Giles county and am currently looking for some EE and black copper maran pullets if anyone has any nearby.
Hi...I currently have 2 female EE's that are 5 weeks old tomorrow and I need to re-home them...I have 8 now and my coop just will not hold that many...actually ordered these 2 for a friend who backed out once they were ready to leave the brooder. I am in Fincastle.

well, so far, i've got 1 of each hatched out... and no signs of pips in the rest of the eggs, but i'll give them till tomorrow night.
so i got cuckoo marans, black copper marans, welsummer, olive egger, black cochin and partridge cochin. oh make that 2 cuckoo marans... forgot he hatched this afternoon. the rest were out this morning. so i'm hanging onto them for now, to see which might be girls (if any). i only wanted 1 girl of each, but i don't think i'll be that lucky. then again maybe the rest will hatch tomorrow. have 4 bbs ameraucana due tomorrow also.

well, so far, i've got 1 of each hatched out... and no signs of pips in the rest of the eggs, but i'll give them till tomorrow night.
so i got cuckoo marans, black copper marans, welsummer, olive egger, black cochin and partridge cochin. oh make that 2 cuckoo marans... forgot he hatched this afternoon. the rest were out this morning. so i'm hanging onto them for now, to see which might be girls (if any). i only wanted 1 girl of each, but i don't think i'll be that lucky. then again maybe the rest will hatch tomorrow. have 4 bbs ameraucana due tomorrow also.
Cant wait to see pics of them.

Cant wait to see pics of them.

ok well final count was 2 cuckoo marans, 1 welsummer, 1 black copper marans, 1 black cochin, 1 partridge cochin, and 2 ameraucana (1 black 1 blue). i'm keeping all but the cuckoo marans for now, but taking 6 barred rocks and a silver laced cochin chick (all 2 weeks old or so) and going to sort thru the dorking chicks tonight once they go to roost and pack them up too.

i've taken pics but it's getting late and i need to go round up sleepy chickies.

peacebird,

Are you referring to the Amherst Mill off of Rts. 29 & 60? If so, is 'ole Bill still running the mill? Back in 99' he was talking about shutting it down and retiring. Guess that's all it was....talk....lol.

I used to live in Amherst, off of Rt. 60 (Lowesville Rd.-- Rt. 778) My Aunt and 2 Cousins still live in Amherst. Great place to live!! Unfortunately, I had to move back to the DC area when my Dad got sick and later passed away in 2001. Ended up having to sell my place, 18 acres atop a small mountain, to care for my younger brother who was a quadraplegic. He and my Mother have both since passed, (2008 and 2011).

I bought a house and am now living in Maurertown, Va. (Shenandoah County), between Strasburg and Woodstock. I love it here, just wish I had more than just a little over 1/2 acre of land. More land.....more birds!!!!

I have 92 birds now, 35 ringneck pheasant chicks arriving on june 6th and 76 eggs in my bators.

Good luck to all with their birds

Tim

well well long time no post I had 9 and now I am down 2
hit.gif
a beeping coon got in my run and coop. BUT let them try to get in now there is no way at all. My dad and I put wire over the top and hooked them in with hog rings. So now I am thinking about getting two EE and what ever that purple looking chicken is lol. Going to the swap on Saturday to see what they have.

Also someone said the state fair is back on?

<PERK> Purple Chicken!?!?!?!?!!?

I'm so sorry about that nasty coon and your poor chicks. But glad that you were able to make changes to prevent any other attacks. Enjoy the sway swap. And PLEASE post picts if you find a purple chook.

<edited to correct butter fingers>

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom