Virginia

I've been collecting eggs for just about 3 weeks, or so....October 17th was my first egg.

And that came from this one:

Now, since then, 4 of my 5 girls have laid an egg. They were all looking to be green, but as it turns out, I picked up a pink egg November 4th:

The lighting isn't the best, I've only been using my iphone to snap pictures. After this weekend, I will try to get some better lighted pictures. The pink egg is pink enough for my wife to be happy, and if you can tell from the other eggs, some of them have a slightly bluish tint. So, that gives me a nice variety of colors from the 4 laying hens.

Today, someone laid a giant egg. Not sure who it was, but everyone seems to have made it out okay:

It was a double yoker. I couldn't help myself, had to check. For the record, it tasted awesome, too!

My layers have slowed down to pretty much nothing. I am going to process some extra roosters and my Thanksgiving turkey this weekend.
I am already wanting spring.
hmm.png

Is there a person in Hampton Roads anyone could recommend to build a coop for me. Looking for something small and fixed position for 4 laying hens with a suitable run.

Is there a person in Hampton Roads anyone could recommend to build a coop for me. Looking for something small and fixed position for 4 laying hens with a suitable run.
i do some custom coop designs, but i'm located near roanoke... if you want to talk, pm me.

the other thing i just thought of... do you want it built on site or brought in and set? most of my larger designs are semi-portable, in that you can move them around a bit (with a tractor or other machinery, not easily by hand). my smaller designs are probably good for a pair of LF or quad of bantams.

There is a HUGE wooden dog house sitting next to the dumpsters right now (Lawrenceville). All it would need is some 4x4 legs and a run attached.

Hello!
I am very new to chickens...so new that I have no chickens. But I have a soon to be finished coop and a batch of meal worms growing! Now I need to find chickens! Anyone near the Hampton/Norfolk area with extra chickens (hens only)? I just want 2-3 chickens, not ready for chicks or eggs!!

Oh I forgot....
There was suppose to be a chicken swap at the TSC in Williamsburg but no one with chickens showed up! Is this normal?? we were super disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom