Visceral gout

veronicadm8

Songster
6 Years
May 16, 2014
Hi all!
i posted awhile back regarding some unexplained deaths, younger birds. I had done one necropsy that showed nothing. Was worried about possible poisoning. at the time I posted I had just lost one of my favorite new girls. I opted to do another necropsy that showed visceral gout?? Did a search here. I do feed lay crumble, have been raising birds for 8 yrs and never had what I’d consider to be a problem (a death every now and again... but in past year I’ve lost 6). I’ve since switched to a flock raiser, done acv and b vitamins in water for a boost. My girls are starting to lay, so will do oyster shell separate although I think they will all eat it, everyone seems well. I will also note that my deceased birds were all well appearing, good meat, no mites, worms, injuries, etc.
Do you all think this was really the issue and should I be doing anything more for them??

I have, yes! None of my girls had any signs. I was really surprised that they found anything bc they were young and healthy. I’m glad I have something to go on though!

Back
Top Bottom