Vit Deficiency

lfoose

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Medina, OH
Hello all,

I believe my pullet may be vitamin deficient. She eye is swollen. No crust or goop and she seems ok otherwise. I've read that the swelling can come from a deficiency. Can anyone suggest how long to keep her on the Electro. water I have her on now? Any food that might be good to boost her up a bit?

I don't think one swollen eye and no other symptoms would mean a vitamin deficiency. Could be possible she injured her eye or has something in it. See if you can examine it and possibly wash it with an eye wash solution.
Of course, never hurts to add liquid bird vitamins or baby vitamins and a little extra high protein food if you think there is a vitamin deficiency.

I agree that swollen eye is not likely due to vitamin deficiencies...could be many things from having poked her eye, to just plain having an eye infection.

Any way to post a picture?

avia charge 2000 is the best vitamin supplement for birds.

Sandra

I agree with the above statements however vitA deficiency is quite common and often concurrent with many respiratory infections. Giving her a round of POLYVISOL )childrens liquid A B D vitamins) thee drops in beak once a day for a week then taper off cant harm and might help.

Thank you all. I plan on keeping her on the vitamins for the remainder of the week.

Should I be concerned that she is pretty tame and spends most of her time all 'puffed' up? She always appears to be trying to go to sleep...regardless of the time of day.

Back
Top Bottom