Vocal chicken

It's hard to tell from that picture, but I suppose she could be. Welsummers should have yellow legs and she looks like she may have EE slate legs. Welsummers don't have muffs or beards, so if you see that you can also know she's not a Welsummer.

Thanks all. We ordered Ameraucan's for blue eggs and EE's for the green/blue/etc. eggs. The seller told us the following:

darker colors with dark legs are easter eggers
splash colors are Ameraucanas
brown with yellow heads are salmon faverols
copper colors on necks are welsummer

We found the SFs because they have furry feet, but it looks like we're having trouble finding the Ameraucanas and Welsummers!

Thanks all. We ordered Ameraucan's for blue eggs and EE's for the green/blue/etc. eggs. The seller told us the following:

darker colors with dark legs are easter eggers
splash colors are Ameraucanas
brown with yellow heads are salmon faverols
copper colors on necks are welsummer

We found the SFs because they have furry feet, but it looks like we're having trouble finding the Ameraucanas and Welsummers!
I SENT A PHOTO........Welsummers get the yellow/copper on the neck feathers like my Danish Pullet......You never sent a picture of a Splash Ameruacana.....All posted were RIR hen, Barred Rock hen the EE and a possible Welsummer.....

Cheers!

Yeah, I'm starting to think I didn't receive any, despite ordering a bunch. I wanted reliable blue and green layers and I don't think I have any green now. Here are photos from two months ago that I sent him, to which he responded with the description above. I'm also thinking I only got one Welsummer, which turned out to be a rooster when I ordered all hens.
roll.png

Oh, and we also got on Bresse chicken possibly. The poultry store gentleman says it's a girl but my friend thinks it's a rooster. We never ordered him/her either! Not sure how this happened!

Yeah, I'm starting to think I didn't receive any, despite ordering a bunch. I wanted reliable blue and green layers and I don't think I have any green now. Here are photos from two months ago that I sent him, to which he responded with the description above. I'm also thinking I only got one Welsummer, which turned out to be a rooster when I ordered all hens.
roll.png

The one by the red fount is a pullet and is a Welsummer..........Pink legs.....

Last edited:
Young pure Wellie pair...but not great SOP examples

Full grown Wellie hen

Full grown Wellie cock

This is a Welsummer crossed with an EE.
Wellie coloration(except darker head), modified pea comb, no muff/beard...but lays olive eggs.

Back
Top Bottom