Voice sexing help

Button40

Chirping
Apr 21, 2022
Hi all I’m new to ducks but have kept chickens for a few years. We hatched 3 Aylesbury ducklings who are now 5 weeks old. I think I have one definite girl as she full on quacks. I wonder if anyone can help with my other 2. I think I’m hearing another girl and possibly a boy (but may be too early still) but would appreciate help. I hope this link works

Haha thanks everyone I’ve added a photo as payment 😂
4FCA01B3-A239-40A1-9461-9CDD71E11202.jpeg

Hi all I’m new to ducks but have kept chickens for a few years. We hatched 3 Aylesbury ducklings who are now 5 weeks old. I think I have one definite girl as she full on quacks. I wonder if anyone can help with my other 2. I think I’m hearing another girl and possibly a boy (but may be too early still) but would appreciate help. I hope this link works
I could tell with mine around 5 weeks as well
My boys didn’t change yet still had the peeping sound but my girls got more of the quack
The video is a bit hard to tell for sure
maybe a longer video and take each bird separately ?

Sorry I have taken a longer video of the duck I’m questioning (sorry about the background duckling noise - puddle wasn’t helping with being quiet 😂) I think it sounds like there is a quack/honk starting to come out. Any help is appreciated
I hear a slight honk noise
The boys will get a quieter voice and be raspy
This one sounds higher pitched like a girl would
But I’ll let others comment as well ti see what they think
@DuckyDonna @Miss Lydia @BelovedBirds
@Canadian Wind

Sorry I have taken a longer video of the duck I’m questioning (sorry about the background duckling noise - puddle wasn’t helping with being quiet 😂) I think it sounds like there is a quack/honk starting to come out. Any help is appreciated
Still a little too early to tell for sure, but I'm going to bet that it's a girl
You should know soon, the peeps will turn into proper little honks

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom