The Drake Dip

DuckTapePalace

Chirping
Apr 22, 2023
IMG_2525.jpeg

Hey all! Wondering if any of your drakes do a “dip” sort of dance? move? in unison? We have two Ancona boys and they seem to do this when they’re really happy or excited (definitely when they’re surrounded by ladies. I’m not going to say it’s reminiscent of a boy band move, but i can’t say it’s not haha). I tried to video it but couldn’t capture it. They’ll often be quacking in unison as well when it happens, kind of soft than loud when they do it haha. It’s just so funny that we wondered if anyone else noticed this. Morey on the left and Commander Swann aka “Alfalfa” on the right.

this vid i found is really cool! my girls only do the first one in this video “ head pumping”
Ohh, I see what you mean. Yeah, my girls do the head pumping. I thought the poster was talking about “head-up, tail up” - at least, that’s what I was talking about. Pretty certain only the boys do that.

Funny story - When I first saw my drakes doing this, I had no idea what it was. I thought maybe some fish were messing with them underwater, ‘cause they’d rear up “startled,” and then snake away all “annoyed.” Come to find out they’re just flirting 🤣

Ohh, I see what you mean. Yeah, my girls do the head pumping. I thought the poster was talking about “head-up, tail up” - at least, that’s what I was talking about. Pretty certain only the boys do that.

Funny story - When I first saw my drakes doing this, I had no idea what it was. I thought maybe some fish were messing with them underwater, ‘cause they’d rear up “startled,” and then snake away all “annoyed.” Come to find out they’re just flirting 🤣
Yeah! I could see if they did it in the water they’d look like they got a pinch but I’ve only see them do it on land. Head down that right up, different than bobbing. I’ve seen the ladies bob. :) Thanks for responding! They’re such delightful birds

Back
Top Bottom