Administrator
BYC Staff
17 Years
Dec 26, 2006
California - SF East Bay
My Coop
My Coop
Okay peeps, we need your help!

BYC continues to grow and grow! We also love to have fun contests & giveaways! Well, these contests take time, so we decided to reach out to our community members for help. Yes, we are recruiting new volunteer BYC Project Managers!

What do Volunteer Project Managers do? All kinds of things, but a few examples:

1. Help start, run, manage, and judge contests
  2. Assist with entering data and information
  3. Provide support for big and small projects that help us improve BYC

What are the benefits of being a Volunteer Project Manager?

1. The opportunity to "pay-it-forward"! There were people who helped you when you were new... now's your chance to help literally millions of other chicken owners all over the world!
  2. A very special Project Manager badge!
  3. A FREE Platinum Feather Membership (PFM) while you are an active volunteer Project Manager.
  4. The recognition and thanks of the owner of BYC, the BYC Moderators, and countless other peeps.
  5. Additional benefits, gifts, etc. for the most helpful BYC VPM's!

Do you have what it takes to be a BYC Volunteer Project Manager? The requirements for this role are as follows:

1. Good knowledge of, and love for the BYC community. It helps to know how to do things like start threads, post images, links, videos, etc.
  2. Active BYC member with a good track record: We need peeps who can be available to help out with projects, contest running/judging etc as needed
  3. Knowledge of Google docs, especially spreadsheets, isn't required but would be handy

So, if you think you would make a good Project Manager, send a PM with a bit more information about yourself and your skills/availability the main BYC Project Manager account.

Also, we need your help brainstorming ideas!

We have a lot of good contest and project ideas, but we could always use more!!

Help us brainstorm some ideas for contests and projects. Any idea is a good idea!
smile.png

Last edited:
New feature idea -
You could add an Inventory feature to the profiles, so that members could list the birds they have, and even the birds they want. Some people will just want to list the breeds, other will list individual birds (with names?). Some might want to make their lists searchable, others keep them private, or visible but not searchable.

There are lots of ways you could go with this. These scenarios are possible ways this would be used:
1. I want "cochins" and I have an upcoming trip to TN, are there any BYC members in the town I'm going to that have cochins and would sell me some eggs?
2. I am thinning my flock and would like to find a good home for my "platinum rock" project. Is there anyone that is looking for those that would continue my project and give my birds a good home?
3. No one I know has dorkings and I want some, but not the 25 that I need to order from "DorkingsR'us", are there any members close to me that also want some that I could combine an order with?

I'm sure people can think of other uses for this.

Hi!! I am wondering if I could volunteer is there any way I could volunteer and help out I would love to help out :)

same!
i sent a PM to the BYC project manager about becoming a project manager and am not getting a response... can i still become one? 
Make sure you PM @sumi if you're interested. I'm not sure who is in charge of the account BYC Project Manager, but they may not see messages as often as if you send directly to @sumi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom