1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Volunteers & Contest Suggestions Needed!

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by Nifty-Chicken, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Okay peeps, we need your help! We want to award more stuff from the BYC store and give away more BYC Golden Feather Memberships (that you can use yourself or give as a gift to someone) and also have lots of fun with contests.

So, here's what we need:

1) Ideas for contests - We especially like fun contests that involve lots of members (BYC Trivia contest), help create content for BYC (coop, breed, incubator pages), and overall fun contests (when will BYC reach 25,000 members).

2) Volunteers to run / manage the contests - As you can imagine the BYC staff are swamped with keeping this ship sailing smoothly, so we need some responsible members to help us with these contests. Preferably you've been a member for a while with a good track record. [​IMG]

So, do you have a contest idea? Post it here!!!

Do you want to run a contest? Post that here too!!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2015
  2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

uh. Do I have a good track record? [​IMG]

3. B. Saffles Farms

B. Saffles Farms Mr. Yappy Chickenizer

Nov 23, 2008
    Madisonville, TN
    Quote:[​IMG]
    Ive been a member for awhile, but not sure how good my track record is. [​IMG]

4. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    I dont have any ideas right now but could help [​IMG]

ETA
    Ok, everyone seemed to like showing off their holiday meals. HOw about the nicest Easter table with poultry/ egg recipes. Or even just an everyday poultry / egg meal.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  5. PQ

PQ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2009
    Platina, Ca.
    Was watching my Australorps the other morning and thought you needed to have a Eyes Contest... Ok why... I thought good gosh they have the most beautiful eyes they are sweet and pure looking, then after noticing this I walked over to a pen with the shamo mixes and said oh my there eyes really look evil. Would be neat to see what others think...
    just a thought from a crazy over tired and worked mom and chicken lover. LOL

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  6. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    How about a chicken-keeping setup contest? That's including the feeders, waterers, roost, nest boxes, coops, and runs, and additional things. I'm very sad that I missed the Trivia challenge, it sounded like fun, but it was 9:00 on a school night so... [​IMG]

7. Colored Egg Farmer

Colored Egg Farmer Chicken overload

I'll volunteer but not sure about my record... you know my pm.

8. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:Ditto........

9. Catalina

Catalina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2007
    Minnesota
    How about a decorated egg contest?

I want to volunteer too! If my track record is Ok, I guess [​IMG]

10. TillinWithMyPeeps

TillinWithMyPeeps Waiting for Spring...

Aug 22, 2008