Voorheesville, NY Poultry picnic 8/27/2011

Quote:
I'd be interested in an older silkie. Only have money to trade for it however, cuz I don't have a SINGLE CHICKEN yet. LOL (so no eggs either)

LOL... when I bring birds to these things-it's to sell -money would be great-I dont trade birds but I do buy hatching eggs-very rarely, if ever, do I bring birds onto my property-only if I desperately needed one for breeding-I do love to hatch me some eggs:) mauauaua It's all the quaranteening I dont like to deal with:-(

Yah me too. I'll only buy eggs or MAYBE young chicks, but I haven't done that yet. Only birds I have are a few hatchery birds and those I hatched myself. Too skeered of diseases and not enough room to quarantine adult birds..

Quote:
LOL... when I bring birds to these things-it's to sell -money would be great-I dont trade birds but I do buy hatching eggs-very rarely, if ever, do I bring birds onto my property-only if I desperately needed one for breeding-I do love to hatch me some eggs:) mauauaua It's all the quaranteening I dont like to deal with:-(

Yah me too. I'll only buy eggs or MAYBE young chicks, but I haven't done that yet. Only birds I have are a few hatchery birds and those I hatched myself. Too skeered of diseases and not enough room to quarantine adult birds..

I agree 100% !!

Quote:
Yes!!!
smile.png
Especially when I post all those cute chick pics from YOUR eggs.
smile.png

Quote:
all of it!! hahaha

what we did at my chickenstock was whoever brought eggs in to donate were held for an auction-50% of the $ went to host and 50% went to the owner of eggs-Or the owner of eggs donated all proceeds to hostess to help off set costs... thats one avenue of dealing with the eggs. Have a sheet of paper per carton of eggs ( per breed) and place a starting bid-donators name-what eggs they are at the top. People have a specific amount of time ( say 1-4 pm) to keep checking and bidding on the silent egg auctions. 4pm pull all slips and announce all winners-collect $:)

Quote:
all of it!! hahaha

what we did at my chickenstock was whoever brought eggs in to donate were held for an auction-50% of the $ went to host and 50% went to the owner of eggs-Or the owner of eggs donated all proceeds to hostess to help off set costs... thats one avenue of dealing with the eggs. Have a sheet of paper per carton of eggs ( per breed) and place a starting bid-donators name-what eggs they are at the top. People have a specific amount of time ( say 1-4 pm) to keep checking and bidding on the silent egg auctions. 4pm pull all slips and announce all winners-collect $:)

I have to say, I am VERY happy. Cass is "in charge" of raffles!! Lovin' it! She has lots of great ideas.

Quote:
Yes!!!
smile.png
Especially when I post all those cute chick pics from YOUR eggs.
smile.png

Are they developing?
fl.gif

Yes they are!! I did have to toss a few but I know quite a few are doing well. Tomorrow is lockdown, and I know at least one BA egg made it this far - will do a quick candle tomorrow and with luck we should have chicks this weekend!!! I picked up an extra ecoglow I need to pick up tomorrow as well just in case there's too many babies for one.
tongue.png

Quote:
I like the idea of 'put the tickets in the cup' if you want something. Great idea! I assume if you REALLY wanted something you could just dump a pile of tickets in there to up your chances? LOL. (now.. where are those emu eggs? Hmmmm)..

Quote:
Geeze, I hope so! I am hoping to have a campfire too! If you are planning on coming later how about a dessert or some s'mores supplies?

I will bring whatever you need!!!

Back
Top Bottom