Vote on chickens I should take to show -it's for experience, they're all "bad" but I would love help

Which chicken would you choose for show? (I'll show the top two)

• Welsummer Hen

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Andalusian Hen

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Naked Neck Hen

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Bantam Ameraucana

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Bantam Shamo

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Buff Brahma Hen

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • Speckled Sussex Hen

Votes: 9 28.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I say take what you want since you're aware that your birds might not be show quality. There may not be a big numbers showing in the large fowl division. Shows in the southeast are dominated by bantams. I don't know that I've ever seen an Andalusian at a show ever. Did you know about the December show in Brooksville? I'll be at that one.

I say take what you want since you're aware that your birds might not be show quality. There may not be a big numbers showing in the large fowl division. Shows in the southeast are dominated by bantams. I don't know that I've ever seen an Andalusian at a show ever. Did you know about the December show in Brooksville? I'll be at that one.
Interesting. Up in the Midwest I've seen a few Andalusians at our shows, but few Mediterranean birds overall because of climate.
I've found you gain the most knowledge when you have competition though.

I'm going to that one (just as a spectator) :).

Don’t worry
Take what you want as for the rooster he is a real beautiful bird I have not ever shown at shows before but I got told to take my rooster because he is a beautiful bird he might not win anything but we will have to wait until the show is on again and take him
777E1A22-0266-4301-9D92-8ADC754DD568.jpeg

Good luck & have fun! I think until you decide what you want to raise and breed that you should take whichever your prefer and enjoy. It is all for experience anyway right.

I told my daughter much the same thing. She wants to do 4-H. She was given a couple of Silkies and she bought a Buff Brahma. I told her to not worry about anything too much aside from getting them tame.

Back
Top Bottom